Fender Rumble 500 v3 Pot Replacement

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phalmmer, Dec 13, 2019.

1. phalmmer

phalmmer

Dec 13, 2019
    Hey I try to look in google but I did'nt find where I can buy a master vol. Pot for a Fender rumble 500 v3 combo.. I broke it I don't know how but it happen.

At the front says 30A500K
    At the back says RF R1660N A500k

I wondering if some one can tell me where to get this.. Thanks 15762192968117128155670607902659.jpg

2. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Ask your question in the Fender Rumble Club..people in there may be able to help you. This is the link here below.

Fender Rumble Club

3. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    It looks like a 16mm Alpha vertical PC mount pot.

Check here or here. Its value is 500k, audio (log) taper.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    It's a custom pot, needs to be ordered through a Fender service center.

Since that's a double sided PCB with plated through holes, you need to be very careful not to damage the plating.

imabuddha likes this.
  5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    This is a very good place to buy Fender parts. They are a Fennder service center and parts distributor. Send them an email with all the details. They should be able to help you.

Fender amp potentiometers

imabuddha likes this.
  6. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    With that back lug, I kind of figured that. Probably custom length on all the legs, too. :(

7. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    I don't know, but Fender buys pots by the millions so they can get whatever they want/need.

okcrum and BassmanPaul like this.
  8. beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    It’s a style that Fender uses. It adds stability that helps prevent broken solder joints.

17DFEB23-46AE-49E7-A350-A9A8BAEB6202.jpeg

AB98E98E-F5B5-40B3-81A6-B227FEF15438.jpeg

Although these type of frames do a better job but require enough space to mount.

5BFC1173-4D4D-463C-BA60-0F53111EC014.png

9. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    2 different orientations

10. beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    True. I've seen both orientations available. With all the metal, people find the bottom one difficult to unsolder. I snip the metal frame, then unsolder the snapin pins.

I use a lot of these Alpha pots, with a properly nut in place on a firm plate, it's hard to imagine how a top mounted pot could break like in the image from the OP. Folks always seem to find a way.

RtAngleMounted.jpg

agedhorse likes this.
  11. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    I see a fair number of PCBs ruined by folks (including some techs) who have no idea how to properly remove parts without damaging the PCB. A simple repair can easily turn into an expensive re-work or sometimes beyond economical or reliable repair.

Yes, always cut the part out and remove (GENTLY) the pins one by one. Suction is usually much gentler on the pcb than wick, but either can become disastrous with "ham fists".

imabuddha and beans-on-toast like this.
  12. rutrho

rutrho

Mar 29, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    It's a spider style pot, I found several audio taper ones but finding an audio taper 500k eluded my 5min search.

13. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Note that there are different terminal heights, bushing heights, shaft lengths and styles within this series. All of these need to match, which is why I suggested contacting an authorized Fender service/parts center.

BassmanPaul likes this.
  14. rutrho

rutrho

Mar 29, 2014
    San Jose, CA
    I'm not actually disagreeing with any of that, just stating that you can find them outside of a service center with the correct physical specs.

It's not like we're talking about finding esoteric milspec parts that aren't in production anymore.

seamonkey likes this.
  15. agedhorse

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Not necessarily, they are build to order parts generally and not available or shocked off the shelf. I use some of these types of parts which are only available in OEM quantities as built to order parts.

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021