1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Me too - a 15, a 40, and a 500c/210 cab. What’s wrong with us? ;)

Linnin likes this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Nothing! We're all perfectly sane. It's all those other folks that are total whack jobs. :smug:

JakobT likes this.
  3. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Nothing that I know of. My 25 is bedroom practice, the 100 is for band practice and small venues, and the 500c + 2x10 are for regular gigs. Some might want to leave the extension home for smaller gigs, but I like what it does for the overall sound. I also discovered it has a volume control which I have learned how to use.

4. I love the look of these and the pickup location. Anyway of describing the sound compared with a P Bass.

5. Heavier! The big humbucker up there is wound really hot and as it's right up near the fb...it's very bassy. Great if you're using tube amps and you wanna overdrive em. ..great for a big round tone. . Not great for a biting cut thru tone. Neck is very comfy..to me. And it's not a heavy bass..weight wise.

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    :laugh: Happy Fender Friday! :laugh:
    24174551_10155842529238563_944169274961378322_n.jpg

pudgychef, BazzaBass, Yahboy and 3 others like this.
  7. jwindham

jwindham

Sep 17, 2006
    Nice, is that the new Adam Clayton sig jazz bass, with a Bassman 800 stack?

mjmeche and Linnin like this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes! :smug:
    24173142_10155842529303563_3130158033355508135_o.jpg

9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    24129558_10155842529243563_5693117341130969606_n.jpg

tboomer likes this.
  10. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

Linnin and Gravedigger Dav like this.
  11. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

Hmmmm. Oddly enough, I am back to playing through my Fender Rumble 500, with my Ibanez.... Looks like my Fender (Squier) and Fender like basses have picked up some gremlins...

The Squier Jazz seems to have lost the ground wire for the bridge pickup, just need to re solder it, and the SXes all need the shielding treatment... Not sure when I am going to get with the program though I am starting to enjoy the sound of that old Ibby through the Rumble stack...

pudgychef likes this.
  12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I guess Adam Clayton is a sparkly kind of guy. Sure is nice to see something with bright color. So tired of the drab gothic blacks and their pedantic drones.

mjmeche likes this.
  13. The Terror

The Terror

Jun 29, 2017
    Linnin likes this.
  14. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Abalone! Abalone! :smug: Crazy, Man, Crazy! :woot:

15. The Terror

The Terror

Jun 29, 2017
    They's made of a baloney?!?

crazy, man....

16. Aaaa-balone, you’re just being shellfish.

Linnin and b-b-b-bass like this.
  17. The Terror

The Terror

Jun 29, 2017
    Well played!

I remain,
    Your Obedient Servant,

The Terror

18. GregT

GregT

Jan 29, 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    This is just a real-life Rumble observation: Although the 100 and 200 have completely different personalities on a stage, when you use the line out, they are pretty much identical in the PA. I did an experiment yesterday with them.

Also, people have mentioned that the line out volume goes up as you turn up the amps volume. Well, it does, but not as much as you might think. I had it on the input-meter screen of my mixer and it was almost imperceptible when I raised the amp's volume. If you need to turn up your amp on stage a little, the soundman might not even notice.

19. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    I used the line out on my Rumble 500 head many times at gigs, it's never been an issue and it sounds good......however I'm not one to fiddle with amp volume once it's set.

RedVee and GregT like this.
  20. I've been thinking of getting a rumble 500 head, but the lack of speakon is a huge turnoff.
    Anybody know if there's going to be an update for 2018? Or a rumble 800?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 10, 2021