Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    I have the Rumble 500 combo, but with a Bassman 115, and love that stack. But, yeah, the full 500 watts is usually overkill in my country cover band, mostly due to FOH. I half-jokingly told the BL he could leave me out of the board! He didn't even look up and mumbled, "That's not gonna happen." I unplug the extension cab so I can turn the combo up a bit. (sigh) But, the stack still looks great!

EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  2. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Glad you like the amp. As to the OD, I think it is the most complained about feature. It is actually pretty good, but it takes getting used to how it works. If you look at balancing with the clean channel, you will find it is very versatile. Try working with the gain on the clean channel and the level on the OD to balance them out. I'd also recommend a stroll through the wiki pages. Good luck.
    I see you don't have a number. I'll be assigning numbers later today.

G-Dog, EatS1stBassist, rutrho and 2 others like this.
  3. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    We had 2 venues we went through the PA. One was an outdoor gig at which the people who booked us also booked a sound company. That gig no longer exists.:( The other place wanted us to hook our PA into the 'house' PA to pump the music into the separate 'smoker's bar'. We(OK, I) bought 2 guitar amp mics, a bass amp mic(the amp I was using then didn't have line out) and we "rigged" a coupla mics for the drums. We have just enough channels to put everything into our PA. We used that set-up twice then they decided they'd just play the jukebox in the other bar, so we don't go through the PA any more.:banghead: They can hear us through the wall if they want to dance. The last time we played there, I used my 200c with my 112 cab. It was overkill(although it put the 200c up nearer my ears :thumbsup:). It also looked really cool.;) BTW, our normal audience is 50+, so we're more likely to hear "TURN IT DOWN!":rage: than "we can't hear you".:rolleyes:

The Terror and EatS1stBassist like this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth

5. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    :rollno:

6. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    This video is blocked in my country, however, judging by:

It is probably a good thing :D

7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Tough Crowd!

ak56, EatS1stBassist and GonePlaid like this.
  8. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler # 996! Sorry for the delay, I was in TalkBass jail for a while. I haven't had that problem. I use my 25 v3 with phones a lot and haven't heard that.

GonePlaid likes this.
  9. SoundCityBass

SoundCityBass

Jul 21, 2018
    That sounds promising! At first I was afraid that the Studio 40 is more of a toy because of the Wifi, endless presets etc., while I prefer a more plug and play setup. So I thought about a classic Rumble 40 or 100 plus a Preamp pedal for a more tube-like sound. But the more reviews I read, the more I think I should consider the Rumble Studio instead. Especially as a practice amp for home and small sessions...

10. Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones

May 8, 2018
    Dubuque
    Here are pictures of my 2 setups. The first will be the Studio 40 by itself. The second is my Studio 40 linked with a Rumble 40 V3. I got lucky that when the Studio came out I was going to trade my v3 toward it but my wife of all people suggested that I keep it. My daughter has taken up the bass so she uses the V3 for practice. I found out about linking them in the wiki. I have not found a time when it has not worked for me. (I changed out the grills as I like the classic look better. Hoping to get one that matches for the other soon.)
    IMG_20181019_182611.jpg FB_IMG_1538002481048.jpg

11. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Although I don't (yet) own a Stage or Studio, I do own their granddaddy, the B-DEC 30, which also has lots of editable presets, just no wifi nor Bluetooth, and I find it to be very much plug and play! Just twirl one knob to get the preset you want and Rumble On!

randini and GonePlaid like this.
  12. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #997! That Stage series is nice, isn't it? Rumble on!

GonePlaid likes this.
  13. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler # 998! Love some Areodyne with a Rumble. Rumble on!

GonePlaid likes this.
  14. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler #999! I don't think that is normal. When the headphone jack is engaged, it should defeat the speakers completely. I would check with Fender on that. Rumble on!

15. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    :nailbiting:

Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  16. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    And now, the one we have all been waiting for. That major goal in life of the Fender Rumble Club. The one we have all been anxiously waiting for.
    And without further ado!
    beautiful-coloful-fireworks-gif.gif
    WELCOME RUMBLER # 1000! what more can I say. Let's all RUMBLE ON!
    tenor.gif

17. jon Langlois

jon Langlois

Nov 27, 2018
    What do I have to do get a #???
    I just got the studio 40!!

18. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Welcome Rumbler # 1001! Ask and you shall receive. If you have requested a number in the past, I missed it. I was in TB Jail for a month, so I didn't get much.Rumble on!

GonePlaid and jon Langlois like this.
  19. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    @Gravedigger Dav , I am not sure what format you have the numbers in (so I don't know how easy/difficult it would be) but how about posting a list of the 1000 members?

20. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Springtown, Texas
    Per @JACink request, Here are all the Rumble Club members past and present as of today 12/12/2018.

Attached Files:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021