Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. GregT

GregT

Jan 29, 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    So my 200 is also treated inside? I didn't know that.

Linnin likes this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Pretty sure it is. The Rumble 115 most definitely is. Use a decent flashlight and peek in through one of the ports. The back panel should have an off white fibrous material applied. I don't know what it is. I can ask, but as always, not sure Fender will tell me.

GregT likes this.
  3. Bassmaticmatt

Bassmaticmatt

Feb 13, 2016
    Dallas
    Bingo

4. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    My 500 has the fibrous white material on the back panel, so I would guess the 200, which has the same size cabinet, should have it also. My 40 doesn't.

Linnin likes this.
  5. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Also I forgot to mention that I utilized the foot switch option to use the overdrive from my 500 combo. It was a nice punch that added nicely to a few songs.

Has anyone used other amps with the 210 extension cab? I wanted to know because I am going to use my Genz Benz STM-900 with it, and was wondering what others have experienced.

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, @topcat2069! :woot: You are member #605 :hyper: :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

topcat2069 likes this.
  7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Today's Rumble Talk focuses the spotlight on three recent topics of Rumble Club interest. From my friend at F.M.I.C. comes this timely information.

1) re: acoustic treatment in Rumble 200 & 500 combos and all Rumble cabinets. "The acoustic treatment is specified as 1.5in thick polyester fiber."

2)
    re: cab sim circuitry "The cab sim circuit is only present on the HP and XLR outputs (as noted on the block diagram for all Rumble 40-500 models) and is not found in the signal sent to the main speaker(s). Decent headphones and studio monitors (or PA systems) have better (or flatter) high frequency response to your ears than a typical bass cabinet, so we compensate for this by gently rolling out high frequencies for a smoother, less harsh, and more pleasing experience."

3) as an aside these comments were made regarding daisy chaining. "...the proper way to daisy chain two Rumble models has been properly shown, from SEND on main unit to RETURN of second unit with the bass connected to the main unit INPUT." Thanks @Scott Truesdell for this post Fender Rumble Club In the case of the Rumble 40 which has no effects loop ... "Technically you can run the SEND to the second amp INPUT (there is no risk of damage), but the line level signal at the SEND may overdrive the input stage so you will need to reduce the GAIN on the second amp. And re-amping the signal this way will allow one to use the second preamp controls, but may not produce the desired results so it is up to the individual."

:cool:
    Rumble On! :cool:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    chupacerveza, Giffro, pinz and 11 others like this.
  8. Scott Truesdell and Linnin like this.
  9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    You are quite welcome. That's just one of many things that makes our club special.

chupacerveza likes this.
  10. Scott Truesdell

Scott Truesdell

Sep 26, 2014
    Costa Mesa, CA
    None
    Oooo! That was a very interesting triplet of insider info!

11. nico485

nico485

Sep 10, 2010
    Arkansas, USA
    This is good to hear! Thanks @Linnin!

chupacerveza and Linnin like this.
  12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Absolutely! I only asked about acoustic treatment and the cab sim circuit because I was unsure about them. The daisy-chain intel was just an 'Oh! By-the -way ...' comment which shows we are being read from time-to-time. It's all good.

Giffro, jlepre, RedVee and 2 others like this.
  13. WRM

WRM

Aug 2, 2015
    StL
    Excellent information - thank you Fender and Linnin!

When I chained the R100 Send to R40 Input, I did watch my Gain/Master on the R40 and didn't push it. Turned out the R100 gain was at nil. I had also previously chained the SCRDI to the R40 Input, which is probably the same pre-amp into pre-amp (again, I watched the settings/nothing crazy).

I checked out the R100 effects loop with my pedals. The Polytech Tuner and "JamMan Stereo" are going back through the Input side for better/Amp volume control. I'll keep everything else in the loop.

Snow kept me home today, so will have time for more Rumble goodness! :D
    DSCN4318.JPG

Cheers,

nico485, Linnin and GregT like this.
  14. eric_B

eric_B

Apr 19, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Thanks for the info, I was wondering what the cab sim circuit was meant to do.

topcat2069 and Linnin like this.
  15. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    The Fender Rumble Club is a great place to hang out. Plenty of smart talented members. Lots of technical savvy. Camaraderie abounds. I am very excited as we approach our third anniversary in March.

Giffro, theevilplankton, pinz and 7 others like this.
  16. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    I just received my 210 Rumble cab today. I was able to do a quick eval using my Genz STM-900 and let me say that the cab seems very responsive to tone changes. Seems to handle the 500 watts no problem, but I will try it out at my gig Friday. A small club without PA support. Very light too!

GregT and Linnin like this.
  17. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Angel Fur

18. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I take it this is why Fender Rumbles sound so angelic & heavenly. ;)

19. hotbass57*123

hotbass57*123

Jan 8, 2015
    Ohio
    That's a beautiful site!!! :bassist::thumbsup:

20. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

The sight of a good woodshedding site is nice.

Indiedog and hotbass57*123 like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021