Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Ahhh! :bassist: Rumble Love :bassist: @JakobT made a very informative post complete with photos on this very combination of Rumble 40 stacked on a Rumble 100. Fender Rumble Club
    If you don't have to sell your Rumble 40, I would keep it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
    nico485 likes this.
  2. btmpancake

btmpancake Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    H
    No you don't sound like a broken record to me,I need all this information to soak in my thick skull.

nico485 likes this.
  3. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    First person besides my girlfriend heard the Rumble yesterday. One of my best buds is in town this weekend, and he decided to bring his acoustic guitar over. He noodled around on the new jazz bass yesterday, and decided to look into a Road Worn Tele because of it.

Then he plugged into the Rumble.

"Finally the bass amps sound as good as the old guitar amps."

It was easy getting a sound to sit under him well with an acoustic, and the vintage setting countered his country strumming really well (we've always called it that, I dunno what it's proper name is).

GregT likes this.
  4. Scott Truesdell

Scott Truesdell

Sep 26, 2014
    Costa Mesa, CA
    None
    Skip your beer nights for a month and augment the money from the sale of the r40 and buy a 2nd r100! These two will chain together much better with single master/slave controls, matched power, matched speakers.

You can thank me later. yeah.gif

rodl2005 and nico485 like this.
  5. WaynerBass

WaynerBass Inactive Suspended

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    Are you running 2 - 410's in that photo or 1x15 & 410?

I'm definitely buying the 500 head and a 1x15 + 410 cab... Or maybe 2 - 410 cabs... Curious as to your set up..it looks awesome and has me Gassing hard

6. btmpancake

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    ``
    Question; Buy chaining 2-r100s,can you say you'll have 212's @200watts continuous?

nico485 likes this.
  7. WaynerBass

WaynerBass Inactive Suspended

Jan 12, 2016
    Southwest Florida
    Did the head come with rack ears or is that home made?

8. Looks like it's just sitting in there?

Yup.

9. WRM

WRM

Aug 2, 2015
    StL
    It's the R500 with 2XR410s. I like 410s for reasons that may or may not matter (8 Ohm drivers, lower driver power/load, increased cone area). Very pleased with this rig, but haven't used it all that much, yet.

After now spending several hours with the R100 as my home/practice rig, it's simply more of a good thing, and I'm glad that I made the upgrade. I picked up another cable today to run the few pedals that I have through the R100 effects loop v the R40 input to see how that works (project for next week). Crestwood GC had the R25, R40 and R200 on the floor, and a hole where an R100 would usually sit.

The R40 has a new home under the desk at work, for whatever I want to hook up to it (computer, EB, EG, A/EG, "JamMan Stereo"). I brought the LEGL in on Friday and a few of the guitar players checked it out through the R40 (both have EB experience). Chris cranked it and likes distortion (drive @ 3 O'clock, level @9), and he made it sound good. He mentioned wanting to build an EB and I'm guessing that he'll follow through with that now - I could tell he was getting into it. ;)

All's well in the Rumble world! :D

Cheers,

Linnin likes this.
  10. nico485

nico485

Sep 10, 2010
    Arkansas, USA
    Boy that'd be nice. I'm already pushing it not selling the 40. That was supposed to go towards the 100...oops lol.

Thats my question. I'm gonna have to read some more cause it aint clicking for me haha.

RedVee and btmpancake like this.
  11. Scott Truesdell

Scott Truesdell

Sep 26, 2014
    Costa Mesa, CA
    None
    I would say 200 watts peak, not continuous.
    Don't most amp mfgs rate their amps for peak power?

Here's how 2 v3 R100 combos can chain together to get 100watts + 100watts. This is the physical connection:
    twinned-rumble-500-v3_back.jpg

This is the logical diagram (modified from page 10 of the OWNER'S MANUAL):
    rumble_v3_40-500_block_diag_only.png

The little switch built into the EFFECTS RETURN jack (A) disconnects everything above the blue line, which includes every user-adjustable control including overdrive, three little tone profile buttons, all the knobs. Every user-adjustable control setting on the master (SEND) amp is sent to both amps -- master and slave.

As an aside, there is a lot of Rumble magic happening between the FX RETURN and the POWER AMP, but we users have no control over that. There's some pretty impressive magic in the SPEAKER CABINET SIMULATOR circuitry (B) which allows Fender to use inexpensive and light cabinets to produce that big sound we find so addictive!

12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    You're in rather unusual territory here. The Rumble 100 is 100 clean continuous watts. Fender doesn't list the peak or program wattage of their amps. While using a pair of Rumble 100's will move twice as much air (as one Rumble 100) at the same SPL. You don't actually have the headroom of say the Rumble 200 head into a pair of Rumble 112's. How much difference there will be in maximum SPL I can't say.

What other manufacturers rate their amps at is an entirely different kettle of fish.

chupacerveza, nico485 and GregT like this.
  13. btmpancake

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    BEAUTIFUL ILLUSTRATIONS SCOTT,THESE ARE WORTH SAVING.

chupacerveza likes this.
  14. nico485

nico485

Sep 10, 2010
    Arkansas, USA
    This makes sense to me. thanks.

Linnin likes this.
  15. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    For years I've chained my Bassman 250/115 to my Bassman 150/112 for outdoor gigs or where the other side of the stage wanted their own controllable bass ''monitor'', They could always use the Master Volume to set their desired level.

I couldn't believe when I read here that this was not case with the Rumbles! So I confirmed it with my own test and, sure enough, seems only the volume on my bass can control the volume of the slaved Rumble! Disappointing!

Thanks, @Scott Truesdell, for that block diagram explaining this. Guess my R500C will be the master to slave one of my Bassmen, as needed.

alanloomis1980 likes this.
  16. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    Now that I'm too old and broken to play live anymore I sold my GK rig, but I still like to be able to just plug in and play in my studio (which is the only place I play now-a-days) so I decided to get a Rumble 100. I seriously thought about the 200, for the external speaker out and the 15" speaker so I could run a stack on stage, but that was just me hanging on to my old life.

I brought the amp home from GC and plugged it in. Nada, then some crackling and popping Bass for a second and then nothing again ! Bummer, but then I remembered that my GK 1001 RBII sounded just like this on stage once. As a quick fix on stage I plugged and un-plugged a jack in and out of both the FX send and return.

It worked and now my Rumble 100 is sounding fine :) THIS IS A LIE !! see below
    20160221_091307.jpg

I really like the old time Fender look, no tweeter is my speed too. I play my Jazz through it and it sounds incredible !!

Sept 26 2015.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    FenderB and GregT like this.
  17. GregT

GregT

Jan 29, 2012
    Southwest Missouri
    Glad you figured it out. The Rumble 100 is just the perfect "little" bass amp. Great for so many situations with power to spare.

18. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    I just got back from GC with a new amp..... the poor guy (see above) was intermittent and pop-y, crackly and just not right. and I DID NOT FIX IT ! I returned it for an exchange.
    The new one works as it should :) :hyper: :cool:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    GregT, nico485 and Linnin like this.
  19. CS88

CS88

Jun 29, 2014
    So I finally gave in and purchased a Rumble 500w 2x10 combo. I have to wait for it to be delivered :(

But in the meantime, I think I'll join the club! Sign me up!

20. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    You got it Rumble brother! Welcome to the Fender Rumble Club, @CS88! :woot: You are member #603 :hyper:

:laugh: Rumbles Rock! :smug:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021