1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pipogpop, May 2, 2010.

1. pipogpop

pipogpop

Jan 26, 2010
    Denmark
    Hello guys

I am curios about fender bass strings so i would like to hear about you guys opinion about fender strings

What do you guys think of the fender bass strings? :)

2. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    I have a set on my 62RI and they sound great. I expected to pull them off and put on my favorite brand (DR Hi beams) but I'm going to let them mature and see how I like them.

3. Meatrus

Meatrus

Apr 5, 2009
    England
    I liked their old flats, but they have changed recently (havent tried the new ones), as you probably saw the other thread "Fender flats have changed", if not theres some info in there for you if you were considering the flats.

4. d3vnull

d3vnull

Jul 8, 2009
    Finland
    The 7250's come preinstalled in most (if not all) Squiers and Fenders, and in my opinion they have good balanced sound. But since I don't like roundwounds, I just take them off and put D'addario Chromes instead. So, can't tell how they last or feel after breaking in.

New ones feel good.

5. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
    Please be more specific; which ones are you talking about?

6. d3vnull

d3vnull

Jul 8, 2009
    Finland
    I like Fender 7250ML Bass Guitar Strings, but I don't have more than a couple of hours experience of them, since I swap them for Chromes quite soon.

So, Fenders are nice but I still prefer D'Addario Chromes.

7. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    The brand that comes pre-installed on USA Fenders.

8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    They recently changed manufacturers, so I'm not sure who makes them now. I heard D'Addario but I'm not sure.

9. queevil

queevil

Aug 6, 2009
    Waco,TX
    The stock fender flats that came on my mim fretless were downright horrible. The heavy guage was fine but the tension was insane. I put on a set of Fender Nylon Tapewound 9120's and man they are awesome. It's a roundwound string that is wrapped with a black nylon coating that makes it smooth like a flatwound. They run a bit on the heavy side, .058-.110 but the tension is crazy low. I use a light touch and my bass is set up really well so I can afford to have my action pretty low. They're really easy to play and I love the way that they sound. After they settle in they're kinda dark and thumpy with just a bit of brightness. They also happen to be cheap at $25 at my local music store and they last a really long time as in years not months. They happen to be the only Fender string that I care for.

10. rosstanium

rosstanium

Jan 5, 2008
    Detroit
    Endorsing Artist: D'Addario
    The pure Nickels sound really good. And feel good too.

11. Frank Orlando

Frank Orlando

Dec 21, 2002
    Fort Myers
    I just posted about Fender Super Bass 7250s... fantastic on my 74 J. And they are only $4.99 a set at Best Buy (Fort Myers, FL). Don't know what they will settle into but they are a few hours old and superb right now.

12. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    The Super Bass 8250's that come standard on the American Standards are probably my favorite roundwounds overall. They provide solid, balanced tone, feel good, and last a really long time. I've had the original strings on my 2008 Jazz V for over two years, during which I've used it for a few gigs and countless rehearsals, and they're still so bright that I'm turning the treble down more than 50% most of the time.

On my Jazz four, I used a set for well over a year, and changed it figuring I had to need new strings. I barely noticed a difference.

Mind you, I don't play nearly as much as many (maybe most) folks on TB, but every other roundwound I've tried has died faster than these Fenders.