1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender to go with my Epi Bird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Waspinators, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    My main bass right now is an Epiphone T-Bird, but when I get a job (hopefully by the new year) I plan to save for a Fender Highway One bass, either the P or the J. I plan to keep the Epiphone as a second bass, so which bass will give me the most difference from the T-Bird, so I can have the most tonal possibilities from both basses? I'm leaning towards the P, but I'm still not sure.

If you have any suggestions besides what I laid out, feel free to post them.

2. squarewheeldub

squarewheeldub

Sep 30, 2008
    Hey Bro,

I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Right now I take a MIM PBass, MIM 70's Jazz and my EPI T-Bird to just about every show because they all have their own special sound. What style music are you playing? That would have a lot to do with which bass you would want to put in your line-up first.

Hope that helps!

~dub

www.myspace.com/squarewheel

3. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    my 2 cents: Save some $$$, Buy used. Always buy used when it comes to Fender or any other mass-produced instrument.

4. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    Thanks for the response, I currently play in a heavy/power metal band, but I also play a lot of thrash/death/black metal, jazz, Motown, and southern metal. Would you mind describing to me what each of those basses bring to the table for you?

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    do you like your tbird shape? yes/no?

thats the deciding factor...do you want a P/J? if you do then you are correct a Fender will sound a lot different than your EPI as far as tone differences/playability, if you like the bird's shape and just want another bird that sounds different, just get one made by another company so it will look similar, and sound totally different....

I love TBIRDS, so for me my first choice was to find different companies birds:

yes they ALL sound different, so I have something for every type of tone!!

P1010060.