1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fenderish bass with Humbuckers (soapbars)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by serruto, Sep 27, 2009.

1. serruto

serruto

Oct 16, 2008
    I love the traditional look of fender basses but for my new band, my jazz bass is not delivering. I tried a stingray but the tone felt kinda "sterile" to me especially when recorded. I need something with a neck pup. I don't know about series pups ala P bass because they seem to lack low end bloom and have TOO MUCH midrange for my taste ( but i dont discard the possiblity of giving it a chance). I know some people here are afraid of the bass knob:meh: For those who keep saying "Mids is where your punch lives" - try playing along with a highly distorted les paul and a drummer with a pansy sounding kick drum - thats why i took the responsability of filling my band sound. I need something affordable in the $400.00 range. any ideas?

2. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Well, if you're willing to spend a tiny bit more...

[​IMG]

($6,000) ;)

3. For that price range I cant think of any basses that have the look of a fender and have soapbars. But there is the thunderbird,peaveys,ibanez,schecter.

4. Stampy

Stampy

Jun 30, 2008
    Connecticut
    I love the Custom Shops but there so expensive I will probably never own one.

5. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Just get a 'real' Fender - a G&L L2000!

6. Well its a crapshoot since I know next to nothing about them, but I found a used Stagg bass today that had 2 soapbars. IT hada jag kind of body and a pretty P feeling neck (not sure of any dimensions I jsut played it for second). Now granted thats not much info, but its a start for your search, and this one was pretty cheap, so I am guessing they are not real expensive new.

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    Here is a parts bass ... p-bass body and p-bass neck with Rickenbacker pickups and a 3 band preamp.

bass5%20032.

8. So are you willing to sell it to the OP for less than 400 bucks?