Fenders on Amazon WAY Below MSRP... A Trap?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pedal2DaMeddle, Jan 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pedal2DaMeddle

Pedal2DaMeddle

Apr 10, 2016
    I was perusing Amazon for things I can't afford (as one does) when I noticed time and again, a single seller offering a plethora of "new" Fender basses for as much as $300 below MSRP. The seller is MusicMadeMeLLC, "just launched." Anyone else think this is too good to be true?

2. Pedal2DaMeddle

Pedal2DaMeddle

Apr 10, 2016
    Screenshot_2017-01-29-19-33-05.png

3. 12BitSlab

12BitSlab Gold Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Liberty Township
    That's no moon. It's a space station!

BlueMINI, Preventer, meteor and 16 others like this.
  4. Pedal2DaMeddle

Pedal2DaMeddle

Apr 10, 2016
    lol I had a feeling that someone would make a Star Wars reference :roflmao:

BlueMINI and TolerancEJ like this.
  5. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri

Are you sure? I thought it was the Rebel bass.

6. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Well, Amazon has a fantastic return policy. So if you buy it and find something amiss, just RMA it.

I bought a Hartke bass cab through them that the Fed Ex guy did this to:

full?d=1475606384.jpg

I called them up ready to RMA it, but it was so cheap and there were no more in stock ANYWHERE at the time that I just decided to fix it myself.
    But they totally would have shipped it back and returned my money.

dxb likes this.
  7. Probably not a trap but maybe introductory prices to get their name out there and some sharing on social media like this post. If that's the case it's real and a bargain if you were already going to buy one.

Another possibility is they have access to returned/refurbished items that are like new, which can still be a great deal if you don't need to be the first one to take it out of the box.

If the deal actually goes through Amazon and doesn't redirect you to some other site I'd feel safe.

Obese Chess, Aqualung60 and pudgychef like this.
  8. rocmonster

rocmonster

Oct 31, 2011
    I don't know. The whole "call before order" thing gives me pause, like as if they want to deal directly with you on the phone instead of through Amazon...

Plutonium244 and Aqualung60 like this.
  9. I saw something similar around Christmas on a bass at amazon. Pulled the trigger.....twice. order cancelled twice. Amazon said it was a scam 3rd party seller so they killed the sale.

10. And dont call before you buy. If you purchase through amazon, you are protected. If not, you're not.

11. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    "Are you sure? I thought it was the Rebel bass."

Awesome!

MattZilla likes this.
  12. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    The first thing that came up, after a Google search (Fender sandblasted), was that 'site' was untrusted...

static.amazon.com (probably the site reporting the message above)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  13. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    Standard operating procedure for many of the low-price electronics places in NY and NJ. They'll advertise a much lower price but you have to call them (often your online order will go through but you have to call to "confirm your card" or something). Then it is high-pressure sales tactics to upsell over-priced accessories and warranty plans. If you decline everything, odds are the order will be "delayed" or some other BS.

If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is...

mpdd, Matthew_84 and fenjazz like this.
  14. That outfit has almost 300,000 items for sale - "1-24 of 276,529 results for MusicMadeMeLLC Storefront" - over 1000 items made by Fender.

MusicMadeMeLLC @ Amazon.com: Fender

Think maybe it has to some kind of scratch and dent, outlet, or something. I don't know, I don't get how stuff like this works.

15. jaybones

jaybones Inactive

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    I didn't get it until I read Spidey's post. LMAO!!!

And since we're on a Star Wars kick, I'll add

[​IMG]

And since this is TB, I'll continue the theme

54feb088f35451b6901e9afc4eafe8e062e809aafb5f0c34d267d359006d6e3a.jpg

16. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Columbia, MD Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    I would feel safe buying anything on Amazon. They have a great return policy. It's likely that this model was discontinued and someone has a few of them trying to clear out the inventory. They have some of the older Stu Hamm Washburn signature basses for around $2k. Occasionally they will drop them to under $1k.

17. fenjazz

fenjazz Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Portand, OR
    New seller with no feedback and they want you contact them directly to bypass Amazon's payment system?

Um yea...

18. fenjazz

Dec 5, 2007
    Portand, OR
    ColdEye likes this.
  19. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Lompoc, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    if it's not a trap, maybe it's a tarp - spinal tarp!

skot71, MonetBass and RiZzBot like this.
  20. fenjazz

Dec 5, 2007
    Portand, OR
    The Stu Hamm was sold directly by Amazon. These scam 3rd party listings are not.

yodedude2 likes this.