Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

finally got a 62 jazz...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by alembicf1x, Mar 17, 2005.

1. but it's not a Fender! It's a 2002 Bacchus BJB-62V - and I must say, this is one of the nicest basses I've ever owned! As far as craftsmanship, this bass totally blows my Fender Jazz American deluxe out of the water, and the sound is to die for. This sucker just resonates and sustains like crazy, has a killer slap tone and the bridge pickup sound is Jaco city (my fav!).

I never thought much of passive basses until now, but it just goes to show that with the right combination of woods, you really don't need much else.

BTW, I also have an MTD, pre-Gibson Tobias, Pedulla buzz, and a Turner Renaissance, and I would put this bass right up there as far as quality and sound.

Pics here:

http://www.guitarsjapan.com/2002bacchusbjb62v62rijazz3ts.html

2. funkydario

funkydario

Jul 28, 2007
    Paris/France
    totally agree :hyper:
    i have two of them , 3ts and a Ocean turquoise !! Just love them ,great great basses . Best JB in town , in passive mode , never tried theyr active versions but do thy really look nice !!
    :bassist::smug:

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Pics no workie.

4. flakeh

flakeh Banned

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    theres your problem. You brought this back form the dead.

5. emoterply

emoterply

Mar 1, 2007
    Where did you get it? I'd love to own one too.