Finally got the Mesa 400+

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hounddog, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist
    I finally got the Mesa 400+ that I purchased off of ebay. It was an great buy. I got it for $705.00 with the shock mount rack. It is in better shape than I ever expected.It has all the tone and volume I will ever need. It is awesome. The push pull knobs are my favorite thing about it. I have only had the chance to play it a few hours. I would do a comparison between it and my Ampeg B2R but the Solid State Ampeg isnt even in the same league. I am very happy with it. I will tell you more after I get it with a Guitar and drums later in the week.
  2. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I've never heard of/seen a 400+ going for anywhere near that price...congrats on a great deal on a great amp!
  3. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Awesome. The 400+ would be my second choice in tube amps. They sound damn sweet!

Enjoy it.. Pics!
  4. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Nice deal man, I've been watching prices on ebay and seen 400+ up to about $1000.
  5. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    Lucky man!

Have fun with it.

Im sure you will :)
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Good one, man!

Welcome to the club.
  7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Great deal!

Enjoy, Tom.
  8. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i just bought one privately.

4 months old
    5 year transfereble warranty
    brand new 4 space gator shock case
    pedal for eq

all for 1100.00 shipped

main reason why i bought it, warranty. i wanted to buy new so that i had the option of the warranty but i couldnt find a new one forunder 1400.

thankfully this great deal happend to find me.

fed ex said it would be here tomorrow, but offcourse, the lied, now its thursday.

also, the one you bought, was it the one with the plexiglass over the top?
  9. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Sweet. I'd say you got a great deal.

I'm picking mine up next weekend! 850 w/hsc- 3 years old. :hyper:

These things seem to be all the rage these days. They're really a fantastic value for an all tube tone monster.
  10. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i cant wait for mine to come on thursday. fudge.
  11. Hounddog

Dec 2, 2004
    Southern, Illinois
    Sadowsky Featured Artist

No the one I bought was the one from Ohio with the Mesa no shock rack. The auction ended 7/10/05. The guy said it was as is when you buy it and I think that scared everyone. The guy had sold a lot of musical equipment on ebay and had a perfect record so I e-mailed and talked to him on the phone and took a chance. It worked out good. I have been playing through it this morning. I love it. There was another one that sold the next day that sold for the same price. There was 5 of them on there at the same time and a couple of them was still under warranty and I think that hurt the older ones. But it helped me.
  12. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    yeah when i did a search last week there was a few up there.

funny thing was, i made an add on here wanting to trade my music man for a 400+. i actually had a few people private message me. one of them was a kick ass deal for a lsamming price, but it was old. the other one, was a good deal as well, and it was brand new, so i just took the brand new one. i almost picked up with one with the plexi glass custom top, but then realized it was a 400, not the plus.

im sure the other guy isstill selling this, so if anyone is interested, i can suply his uder name and you can talk to him.
  13. danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I have a 400 I got off ebay last year for the BIN price of $450. I took a big chance as it only had one power tube in it, but it works fine!