Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally might have a drummer (update from a couple months ago).

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by invader3k, Jul 8, 2004.

1. A couple months ago I posted on here about how our band in SE Wisconsin was having problems finding a drummer. Well, I took out a classified ad in the local paper last week, and have already gotten two phone calls, plus a lead on a third drummer from one of them.

One of the guys is trying out with us tomorrow. Hopefully things go good and we can have a full trio again.

So, for anyone out there trying hard to replace a band member, try a classified. Definitely worked better than flyers or the internet for me. Only cost me like $25, too.

- Mason

2. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Wow, I think we now have 4 people from the Milwaukee area on here!

Hell, I think I will have to start posting gig spam again.

To get back on topic, have you tried Milwaukeerocks.com? It has worked well for me.

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    woohoo!

i need a new guitarist. one who listens to music other than so underground they don't exist bands.

4. vegaas, I tried that site, but it really is mainly people from Milwaukee and the surrounding communities, and being out here in Whitewater-Fort Atkinson area it is hard to attract people from that far away.

The good news is we auditioned one of the drummers last night, and he was awesome. And he liked our band, so now he's in! He also knows a guitarist, and we've been thinking about adding a second, so that is awesome as well.