Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally selling some stuff!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tombowlus, Jul 23, 2005.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Okay, I might not be putting up any of the super high demand items (like my V8, or any VL-208's! ;) ), but here is some good gear that I should let move on to a new home where they can get some use:

Warwick Corvette Standard fretless 4-string, with Warwick Rockbag gig bag ($600). I acutally bought two of these at the same time. I committed myself to buying fourstringdrum's Warwick (which I am keeping), and then I won a previous bid on ebay. So, one of these fine instruments will suffice! This bass has one small, but somewhat noticeable, scratch on the front, and it has some light string wear (from roundwounds), which you can see, but cannot feel with your finger. I'd suggest throwing some flatwounds or perhaps tape wound strings on there.

Here are some photos:

[​IMG]

In this shot, you can see a scratch in the top. I took this photo before applying some of the finishing wax, which did help, but this shot shoes the scratch well:

[​IMG]

This bass came with roundwounds, and they have left their mark on the fingerboard. I can't feel anything with my fingers, but you can see the marks. Again, this shot was before I treated the board with some lemon oil (which helped somewht):

[​IMG]

Low Down Sound 3-way 5x8 (SOLD!!!). This cab is in like new shape. It has one coax 8" midrange/tweeter and four long-throw 8" woofers. It is front ported only (not front and rear ported, like the one on their webpage). It is an 8 ohm cab, rated at 750w. I'm not sure what it weighs, but I'll guess around 65 lbs. It is close in size to my Berg HT210 and HT115. Here is a photo:

[​IMG]

Raven Labs True Blue EQ (SOLD!!!). Again, I have two of these, and only need one. Both are in dead mint shape, so the one I sell will be indistinguishable from the one I keep. Adapter included. If you don't know about this fantastic parametric EQ, read up on them in the archives. These are no longer made.

Tube Works Blue Tube rack mount ($100). What do you know, I own two of these! :p Another simultaneous TB/ebay deal. Both are in used, but pretty darn good shape. There is some wear, but they both work fine. I like to use this type of a unit (very similar to Chandler Tube Driver) to add some tube warmth or even overdrive. They also work pretty well as a stand alone preamp.

Alesis MEQ-230 ($100). This is a 1U, dual 31-band EQ, in excellent, but not mint, shape.

Rocktron HUSH IIcx ($100). This is a 1U, two channel HUSH noise reduction unit. Again, in excellent, but not mint, condition.

Audio Centron RMA-1600 ($200). This is a 3U, solid state 2-channel (400w, bridgable into 800w) power amp. This amp served me well for many years, and was always kept in a rack. Once I bought my first Crest CA9, though, this amp didn't see much use.

Read Purity Preamp (SOLD!!!). You know this preamp. It's in great shape. Again, I picked up two, and only need one.

Digitech Bass Synth Wah ($65). This has never left the house, and has very little playing time, as I pickec up a Deep Impact shortly after buying the Bass Synth Wah.

All prices include shipping to the continnental US. I would probably consider trades. Also, I have discussed the possibility of trading some of this gear for other gear, so it may be that one or more of these deals may go through, and the first person to close a deal involving one or more of these items gets priority. I hope to have some more photos up by Monday or so. PM or e-mail me, if interested.

Take care, Tom.

2. phrygianpastor

phrygianpastor closet bassist...

Apr 16, 2005
    toronto
  3. me three

4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'm reporting this to a mod. Someone must have hacked into Tom's account. ;)

The Bass Borg will continue to grow. Resistance is futile.

:D

5. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I think that even if I sell all of this, I would still have overall growth for the week! :p

6. did you get my reply PM?

7. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Interested in the Hush unit...still available?

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Yup.

9. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    You're selling the wrong stuff Tom.

I need an 8 ohm 2x8 :smug:

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Well, I do have four of those, but you see, four is the magic number so... :D

11. jar240

jar240 Supporting Member

How much for the carpet in the photo? ;-)

Chris

12. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Dude, everyone knows 3 is the magic number :crying:

13. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Free to anyone who will take it! :D

Our house was built in 1970, and needless to say, I haven't gotten around to updating everything yet! That is my basement, and it's going to be pretty far down on the list. Who knows, maybe it will be back in style some day?

Dear lord, I hope not, though! :p

14. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    PM sent for LDS Cabinet.....

15. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Lots of bites, but nobody pulled the trigger yet!

Also, if anyone local is interested, I'd also like to sell my Peavey 1820 (two 10's and an 18). I gigged with this for years, but I had some issues with blowing the 18" Black Widow. After replacing the cone/voice coil several times, I went looking for an 18" that I could not blow and found a Madison Executioner (rated at 1,000w RMS!!!). I did not know what to expect, but dear lord does this driver kick booty in the 1820! It has seismic lows (the deepest of ANY cab I own!), and it feels like it is actually compressing the air in our practice room! Tone is really good, too. So, with good results here, I decided to try replacing the 10's as well, and based upon the box volume and the frequency response of the 18, I picked up two very nice Selenium 10's (forget the model). Again, a notable improvement, with better articulation and detail (and of course, higher power handling - though I never did blow the 10" Scorpions). I'd sell this cab, local pickup, for $225 with the Madison/Selenium drivers, or $175 if I pull the Seleniums and put the Scorps back in. I have two grills for this cab. The standard one, and one made from metal (in black) to match the Peavey 210TX that I used with this cab for years.

It's somewhat beat up cosmetically, but in sound condition. I have some really nice casters that were on it for years (but which I removed to make an amp cart). I could be persuaded to put these back on for a nominal fee (or throw some cheaper casters on for even less!).

Tom.

16. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Sorry....I did a test fit last night with my other gear and the LDS would fit, but my hatch wouldn't close......oh well. Thanks for the info anyway!

17. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    No problem.

18. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    For those who have been asking, the LDS 5x8 measures 24" wide, by 22" tall, by 16.5" deep. I have not weighed it, but my best guess is somewhere around 65 lbs. [Edit: Wrong! It's more like 80 lbs! It doesn't feel that heavy, but that's what my scale says.]

Tonally, it has a very full sound, with strong low-mids (but no "hump", just nice, smooth, full low mids that don't dominate the tone - this ain't no 410XLT! :D), and a somewhat polite, though clear high end (somewhat reminiscent of Accugroove). The mids are where it really shines, though. They are balanced, smooth, and articulate. Truly a strong point, and one of the best cabs I have heard in this regard. As a stand alone cab, it would be fine for a 4-string (and it is great on upright! I broke that out tonight at one TBer's request, and da-yum, that cab is sweet with the doghouse!). However, I would not use it as a stand alone cab for high volume 5-string playing. If I feel inclined to do this, I add in my Accugroove Gordo!

There has been a lot of interest in this cab, but so far, it is still available.

Tom.

19. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Dang! As much as I realllllly want this cab, it's too big for my small jobs, and not big enough for my big jobs. If I had the resources to hoard kewl stuff I didn't need right now, I'd be all over this just on principal. I hope it goes to a great home before I find a way to justify...

20. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    That is my main reason for selling it. It's a great standalone cab for medium sized gigs, or for larger gigs, when paired up with another cab, but I have so many nice "matching sets" when it comes to bringing multiple cabs. :D