1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finding a replacement *narrow* bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by deliciouspesto, Sep 29, 2010.

1. deliciouspesto

deliciouspesto

Jan 18, 2009
    First to last string would have to be around 1.75 inches. Anything like that out there?

The original bridge, from an old small shortscale, uses two telecaster saddles in a miniaturized pbass style bridge plate.

If there isn't an off-the-shelf solution I'm willing to make one that will work :D Ideas?

2. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    1.75"/3 = 0.583"= ~14.8mm

You will not find a bridge that comes in unless you go with a nonadjustable bridge or a custom. The guys at Hipshot might be able to help you out, so I'd give them a shout first. Stand-up guys and products all-around.

3. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Not so! Both Kahler's "fixed bridge" and Schaller's "Model 2000" can get that narrow. The Kahler goes down to 15mm, and the Schaller goes down to 14mm.

But a big +1 to the guys at Hipshot being awesome.

4. deliciouspesto

deliciouspesto

Jan 18, 2009
    Thanks for the tips guys, those are both cool bridges. The schaller is definitely closer to what would be needed but is still a little large, I was hoping for a 40 mm minimum.

The other consideration here is that I'd rather not drill new holes into the body, so a potential replacement would need a flat bottom with room so I could cut new holes. Pain in the neck!

5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    That's insanely tiny. I had no idea any bridge could get that small. There may be hope yet!

Why are you making life so difficult? :p

Hit up the guys at Hipshot. You're basically looking for a custom bridge with custom holes.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021