Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

finding guitarists for bands.....a good ad?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by scorpionldr, Oct 3, 2004.

1. All right, so if anyone really has heard any of my drama with my band in the past couple of months, I've basically dealt with getting rid of people. now it's time to find people. I kicked out my guitarist (he royally sucked), and recently I was offered a gig for a venue I've been going to for a long time that I had to turn down (vocalist somehow forgot that a band is supposed to gig, and we still had no guitarist). We all agree we need a guitarist, but lately an issue that comes up is A: we are in question of our "style" (old school punk, blended with death metal, perhaps Gore-grind is what people know it as?) B: we're (and when i say "we're" i mean "My") music as far as playing seems to be truly difficult to others.
    Now maybe I just had the cream of the crop for crap guitarists, but can anyone clue me in as to how to go about making an ad for someone GOOD? sorry If i'm a little dense about the process, but prettymuch i've really been reliant of friends for this stuff, and never needed to advertise to find talent.

2. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    State that in two or three lines. You're looking for an experienced guitarist with some serious gig time under their belt. Everyone else need not apply.