1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fingering- Bouree, 3rd Suite

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by Simandl Fan, Sep 22, 2010.

1. For me, the 6th and 7th full measures after the repeat in Bouree I are nasty buggers. I'm wondering how others finger it. Here's what I'm closing in on...

(6th full bar after the repeat, starting on the high A)

3 1 T 1 2 (all on the G st) then T (on the D st) 1 (on the G) T (on the A)

(7th full bar-starting on open st. G)
    0 3 2 3 (all on G st) 4 (D st, IV pos) 4 2 etc.

2. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    do you have note samples of those two bars? So others who don't have it can also join in and think about it.

3. Hey! We all need a decent copy of the Bach Suites! I think the fingerings will differ in terms of sawing through them for practice vs. performance. I tend to stay in TP for practice, but it is rarely pretty when things get low!

4. Dr Rod

Dr Rod

Aug 19, 2005
    try starting the high A on the D string harmonic, when you get to the octave high A to middle A, play the high A with your first finger on the D string harmonic in IV position, and for the low A use the third string harmonic with your thumb to go up to thumb position. Then on the 7th bar play the perfect fourth across on the D string, fingering either 0323 or 0212 in one position, then back down to iv position as you did before.

It works for me.

5. koricancowboy

koricancowboy Ausberto Acevedo

Jun 10, 2003
    chicago
    From the F# to B pick up of that phrase I do the following

All on the G String

4 1 3 2 1 2 4 1 3 T 3 1 T 1 2 T 3 2 (or 1, I just prefer 2) O 3 2(on D string) T 4 2 4 4 1

So the high to low A is all on the G string from thumb position to the A an octave below on the G string then back up the G string for the B, fork over to the D string for the F#, hit the G with T then hit the E with 4. It sounds nuts but when you get it it yields the best tone in my opinion. It is the fingering Joe Guastafeste gave my teacher. Check it out its worth a gander. My 2ยข.

6. koricancowboy

koricancowboy Ausberto Acevedo

Jun 10, 2003
    chicago
    You ever figure out a fingering. I'm always interested in new fingerings. I'd love to hear more.

7. triscuitbass

triscuitbass

Apr 7, 2008
    don't know if you'll be able to see the fingerings in the video but here are some good choices...

http://goo.gl/QOvSL

or