First "Gig"

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Minger, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Well, leaving at 3AM tonite for Massachusets...playin at a music fest at a college, while will be fun...

cept I'm only kinda nervous, which is a good thing, because I'm not freaking out or anything: God used to playin in front of church...

Anyways, hope everythin goes well tomorow...I just don't know if I should bring my second bass and/or my Peavey Basic 112...because I don't know what equipment they've got there and we did ask for a spare mic, so I could have it mic'd...any suggestions?
  2. Always bring an extra bass if you have one. And if you still can, call to make sure they have the backline! That's super important.
  3. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY

Guess I'm bringin both my basses...I just hope the battery in it is still good; havn't relaly played it since I got my SX...heh.

O well, Skillet concert in a little it inspiration :D
  4. jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Have an awesome time man, you'll never forget tomorrow, it will be the best day of your life! Also, Skillet is awesome. God Bless -Brad
  5. Well you leave in one hour! Good luck, I hope your band tears it up at the show.
  6. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Lol, on the college's site, it says we're a ska band...they're going to be a little disappointed.

Set list is apparently: (one song the lead singer wrote, the other 3 are uh...covers?)

"Everything About You" - by Sanctus Real
    "Rock of Shelter" - the one my friend wrote
    "I'll Tell the World" - Ever Stays Red
    "You Are My Hope" - Skillet.

None of those are remotely close to ska; I think my friend who got us the gig in the first place told them we are.

O well I guess...:D

And I think I forgot to mention we're opening. This is gonna be interesting...

I guess I'm deciding against bringing my second bass along...I just hope the strings don't break...

And I havn't gotten any sleep since my 5 hours before school...guess I'm sleepin on the way there, and if not...well someones gonna be sore and tired...