1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First H2 recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Setebos, May 9, 2010.

1. Hi All,

Last friday while we were waiting for a lead guitar player our rhythm guitar guy started fooling around with his guitar and we followed him.
    And there I recorded the first song with my new Zoom H2.
    Here is the link. The sound quality had to be converted to low MP3 in order to be able to upload it to soundclick.
    Here is the link

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9121319

Hope it works.

We also recorded a few covers. I see the rules at Soundclick are pretty tough regarding uploading covers. It can be done, but there is a set of things needed to be done in order to avoid being penalized and having to give out $$$ that I decided not to upload the covers. Did anyone have trouble for uploading covers? Can someone suggest any other sites where to upload covers without fearing having law problems? I spent the whole afternoon trying to upload the songs to Myspace but could never sign up for an artist account. I already have a regular Myspace acc.

Anyway

2. Don't you just love how the H2 picks up the drums so clearly and organically?

3. Our drummer liked very much how drums came out in the recording.
    The H2 was set with the "Studio" filter.
    I'm very happy with it. Need to do a lot more recording trials though.

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I love my H2. I guess you didn't place the unit near you as I can barely hear any bass at all. The recording is fine though.

5. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

The H2 is amazing as is the H4. I just sold my H2 and got a Q3. Audio is just as good with passable video for YouTube promotion. All hail Zoom. Some of the most amazing affordable technology out there.

6. The H2 was placed in the middle of the band. We were set in a circle.
    I can hear the bass just fine with my small computer speakers at home.
    However, I can not hear any bass with my laptop's tiny speakers.
    With headphones all instruments are heard very clearly.

7. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Nicely done, many-handed one.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Maybe it's just me but I'm listening with pro headphones and the bass is just barely audible. I can hear it but it's very low. Not very present at all.

Here's a recording I did last fall playing with a friend of mine. stats.

9. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Me and my band have recorded our demo using the H2. Best $130 I ever spent...

10. DW, I was talking about the 2nd recording. I just checked both again with a set of cheap headphones and agree that in the first recording the bass sounds far way.
    The 2nd one (Stratus) I think bass presence is better.

Thanks for sharing your recording. Nice stuff.

We are basically a rock band so the 2 songs I posted are not really our "style".

I would like to go into fusion though.