First recording, looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by xolado, Oct 9, 2011.

1. xolado

xolado

Oct 2, 2011
    Hello everyone. I have been playing bass guitar for a year and a half, and most of this time I was learning new concepts and practicing as much as I could. Recently, I have recorded a song called "Great Times". It started out as an improvisation exercise I had created, but I really liked the sound of it so I didn't stop there. I recorded several tracks and put them on top of each other, and even tried to make some rhythm by popping the D string. I guess I could say this is the first song I made "on my own".

After hearing quite a few of the songs you guys share around here, I know that mine may not be that good, but I do like what I created and had good fun doing it and I was looking for some feedback from the "outside".

If you could tell me what you think about it, and of course how I could improve, I would be grateful. :)

Here it is: Great Times (Bass Guitar) - YouTube

Regards.

2. S6I6X

S6I6X

Jun 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Hey man everyone starts somewhere. It sounds great. It's amazing what you can do with technology these days (and I'm only 23 saying that).

3. xolado

xolado

Oct 2, 2011
    Thanks! Anyone else listened and can give feedback, please? :)

4. HugeInJapan

HugeInJapan

May 25, 2011
    Nice and mellow. Sounds like you might have had the gain too high on the solo track? Something sounded like it was clipping.

5. xolado

xolado

Oct 2, 2011
    Yes, maybe I did. The volume was probably too high.

It's funny how I only noticed when you told me. :oops: Thanks for that!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021