1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First rig advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Akeris, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Akeris

Akeris

Jul 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    I'm thinking about getting an Avatar 410 and an Ashdown Mag 300h, how would it function (like watts and stuff)

I've heard good stuff about them both but can somone give me some imput before I decide to buy it?

Thanks,
    -Chris

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Make sure it's what you want.

3. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    its a pretty safe way to go ... both are good values, and both are at or near the top of their 'quality for the price' groups ... however, if I may add, seeing that this is your first rig, you may want to consider used ... both of these are fairly regularly avail used (or an Avatar 212), and that way should you decide that they are not your cup of tea, they can be resold for near what you have into them ... a tip on the Mag 300, if you decide to get an 8 ohm cab, you are only pushing about half the 307 watts into whatever cab you get, and if you get a 4 ohm to utilize all 307 you cannot add another cab should you desire to ... just stuff to keep in mind ...

4. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    good choice

id get the 4 ohm avatar so you get the full 300 watts, and by the time you need a louder cab youl be playing stadiums

5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    :rolleyes:

6. Not all of us judge our own manhood by how loud our rigs get, chino.:D
    My Ashdown MAG300 powered an 8ohm Sonic 410 plenny loud for rehearsals with a band. That didn't have stacks and Animal playing drums. It does just fine in the Ghettotron as well, but that's 4ohms.
    So the 4ohm 4x10 is a good suggestion. If you want to stick with a single cab and not hassle with a full stack, 4ohm is the way to go.
    I wish I had gotten the 4ohm Avatar 2x12 Delta rather than the 8ohm, because my 2x10 sits at home lonely these days...
    C7

7. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006

thanks for the support

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021