1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First Rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ajota_di, Apr 10, 2010.

1. ajota_di

ajota_di

Dec 5, 2009
    Chicago
    Huzzah! I've finally got a rig that I can actually be proud of. Slightly (a lot) more expensive than I thought, but i'm happy.
    I was going to get the Hartke LH5410 combo, but could only get the Lh500 head and teh 410 hydrive cab, so that boosted the price a bit. It sounds, awesome. I'm very pleased.
    One question:
    the head is a rack mount. Is there any way I can build my own rack to carry some gear in? I don't want to go and buy one (coz that's lame), but I wondered if anyone had specs or anything... just checking. Also, are there any rack-mountable things that I NEED to have?

2. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    1.75" by 19" per space
    you can get pre drilled rack bars on ebay

Go hog wild

3. therh

therh

Mar 16, 2010
    Houston, Texas
  4. Its lame?? Really?

Buy one up used and spend the time on better things

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    or just don't use a rack. if you have a padded bag, you could carry it in that and just set it up by itself on the gig.

good score, btw. hydrives are the best thing hartke's ever done imho. it's more expensive, but when you add that second 410, you'll be glad you didn't get the combo :bassist:

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    You can get a rack on CL pretty cheap. There's one on my local CL ( a 10 space no less) for $100. IF I were you, I would get at least a 4 space as you may want to add a couple things at some point, plus you want to leave 1 space empty above/ below your amp. I'm betting you could get a 4 space for around $50.

I bought this rack brand new for $120.

DSC03459.

7. The Lh500 head and a 410 hydrive cab is an excellent rig ,, well done.

Now crank that sucker !