1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

First thoughts - iAMP300 v. LMII

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by macmrkt, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    It sure was. I use a high pass filter every night, but this was different than that, and kind of interesting. Not interesting enough to make me run out and add another piece of gear to my setup, but still interesting in a nerdy belchfest kind of way.

2. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Yep-- agreed-- and I just happen to know a talented engineer who can hook you up with such an adjustable high-pass filter/pre-amp. :)

3. macmrkt

macmrkt Inactive

Dec 4, 2002
    Torture test. Ran the Micro300 on a 4 hour gig last night, outside in the dead of Miami summer heat and humidity. It had to be near 90 degrees with 65% humidity the whole time. It was a BG rock/blues gig with a guitar trio. The Micro was pushing a Wizzy M Line and I had an F Bass 5 string. I had to run the Micro at or near max volume the whole night. No problems. Sure, I wish I had the extra headroom of a Markbass or the iAMP800 especially for the lowest notes, but for an amp that fit inside the pocket of the Wizzy cover, it performed well.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Cool! Glad to hear that it worked well for you. :)

5. bottomzone

bottomzone Gold Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2005
    The Micro 300, when paired with the Wizzy 10, really does kick some BASS!

Keep God First!:hyper:

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste!:cool:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021