First Time Home Recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by JaminDyer, Jul 25, 2013.

1. JaminDyer

JaminDyer

Jul 25, 2013
    Liverpool
    Thanks, that's a really good explanation, I finally feel like I'm beginning to get my head around some of this!

Excuse my ignorance... but what's an I/O? It looks like I'm not quite done with my newby questions after all!

2. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

Jul 16, 2010
    Denver
    This is an I/O. I/O means input/output which is layman's for audio interface

3. JaminDyer

JaminDyer

Jul 25, 2013
    Liverpool
    Once I get the new lead, I'll see if I'm happy with the quality of the sound. If I'm not, i'll definitely check out audio interfaces.

Well you guys have been extremely helpful and patient, and have resolved my problems! It's nice to find a friendly community on the internet for once haha. Thanks!

[/Thread]

4. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    Good luck!!

5. JaminDyer

JaminDyer

Jul 25, 2013
    Liverpool
    For anyone that's interested, I bought a TASCAM US-122MKII, and it's working great! It's got 2 line ins, which makes it useful for recording covers, having the bass go in on one, and my iPod through the other (no latency problems). The main problem now is my bad editing skills!

If you wanted to check out the sound I'm getting, I put a couple of quick covers together on my channel

Thanks again for all the help, I honestly still wouldn't have a clue what to do if it wasn't for you guys :D

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021