1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fishman Aura Pedals?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Jason Hollar, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar It Don’t Mean A Thing... Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
  2. Jason Hollar

Jason Hollar It Don’t Mean A Thing... Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pittsburgh area
    Got a prompt reply from the tech dept. at Fishman:

Our Aura imaging algorithms can't yet work with bass fundmentals, like those from a bass guitar or upright bass. So, unfortunately we don't have an Aura product sorted out for bass yet. It is something we've been working on, though.

We don't have any timetable for release, but as always, stay tuned to our website for all of our new product launches and announcements.

3. PB+J

PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    I was just thinking of this today and did a search and found this old thread. This seems like it might be a good way to get a better sound with a pickup. You could even send them a recording of your bass and they process it.

I wonder how well it would work? In my experience, digital samples that try to emulate a room don't always work that well, because you aren't in that room. It seems like it might be worth a try--I'll write to Fishmann and ask.

4. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    I don't quite understand what this pedal does.

This is what the manual says, sounds a bit vague to me:

What is Aura Acoustic Imaging Technology? Aura uses digital algorithms
    developed in Fishman’s audio laboratories to create an Image of the natural
    sound that your acoustic instrument emits when mic’d in a professional
    studio. This Image, when played through an amp, mixer or PA, blends with your
    instrument’s pickup to produce an immediate and dramatic improvement in your
    amplified sound.

5. PB+J

PB+J

Mar 9, 2000
    arlington va
    It's a sampling pedal. But I believe it's not like that line six stuff where you flip a switch and your acoustic guitar sounds like a recording of a telecaster. As I understand it, it is supposed to dress up the pickup signal with the resonance, "air" and envelope of a good mic in a nice room. It's supposed to restore the mic'ed quality. Supposedly, you can send them a recording of your instrument through the pickup you use and they process it and you upload it to the preamp, and you have a patch based on your axe.

I've never tried one, don't know how well it works. I got this response last night from Fishmann: "We've been on that since the start of the Aura, actually. It has been difficult. It has been hard to adapt Aura to instruments with lower fundamentals, like bass. It is definitely on our radar (our founder, president and creative guru Larry Fishman is a bass player himself). Nobody wants to see this product more than him. Hopefully, someday..."