1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fixer-upper Guitar, Worth It?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Definitely, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Definitely

Definitely Banned

I play very little guitar, only solos and noodling every once in a while really. I have one guitar right now and plan on only keeping one guitar, but for what I do I reeeeeeally want a semi-hollow. I play basically only Rush and not seriously so I'm looking at getting an Epi Dot and sticking on a Bigsby tailpiece. I haven't found many around that I can afford right now but on MF I found this one used in "Condition 4" for only $125. It says needs repair and I'd love it as a repair project but what does condition 4 mean? What kind of things can I expect to have to do from this title? I haven't found any description as to what's wrong with it, but if it's not anything that will cost too much I may have to go for it. Is this worth it? Thanks all and I wasn't sure whether I should put this here or in LC because they would know what I'm looking at...if anyone thinks it's wrong please move it. Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot the link, here
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...io-semi-hollow-electric-guitar?condition=used

2. Davidmh

Davidmh

Jul 12, 2012
    Wales, UK
    Hi,

Depends on what repair is needed.
    This is a fixed neck, which means you can't just unbolt the neck and replace it if it is junk.

Ask over on LC - they seem a friendly bunch of guys.