Flatbed Private Party - May 26th

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SWRnut, May 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SWRnut

SWRnut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Interstate Exiles had the privilege of playing on 700 acres for a private party this past Saturday in beautiful Donalds, South Carolina. Yes, it actually came up on the GPS. About 90 miles Northwest of Columbia, down all two lane roads. Outdoor gigs in South Carolina can be pretty toasty but these folks had plenty of beverages and plenty of barbecue that they had cooked the day before. Not a lot of photos from the gig, but I think the flatbed turned out rather nicely.
    Great crowd.

goat.jpg
    We were met by a goat named Dog that spent the entire night on a rooftop across from the band. He did add us as a friend on Facebook.
    stage.jpg Really nice stage for a flatbed trailer. side.jpg
    View of my end of the stage. Rick and Tracy.jpg
    I always get a chance to take a photo of the acoustic/drum trade off intro to Copperhead Road. Such a fitting song in the woods in the middle of nowhere.
    Sorry but no food pics.

2. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    What ... no food? I was just in Charleston SC 2 weeks ago, why didn't you call me? ;)
    scream.jpg

SWRnut likes this.
  3. What was the size and the crowd like? I must know!

4. fretter

fretter

May 24, 2012
    PA
    Cool goat!

OldBassman, McG and Sore Thumb like this.
  5. SWRnut

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Only about fifty people but one of the best paying jobs we ever had. And they applauded every song we played.

OldBassman, mwbonsall, McG and 3 others like this.
  6. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Mr. @SWRnut,

This looks like a grand time. That's one of the better flatbed trailer "stages" I've seen. I've played on a few. ;)

A goat named "Dog"? And now you're Facebook friends? That sounds like a pretty cool goat. :D

I don't get a chance to play way out in the country very often. It's nice not to have to worry about the neighbors, noise ordinances, or cops. Thanks for sharing your gig.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

OldBassman and SWRnut like this.
  7. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    That was a fun looking gig. I'll take 50 people into the music over a hundred people who are indifferent any day.

Is Dog a real goat? He kind of looks fake but goats are very good at climbing onto high places.

SWRnut and mwbonsall like this.
  8. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

I think your drummer has too many cymbals. Oh! Did I type that out loud? :p It's just my opinion, I could be wrong. ;) Probably. :)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

OldBassman, SWRnut and mwbonsall like this.
  9. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    Any gig with a goat in the crowd is good by me!

10. SWRnut

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    He has a pretty big kit that he always sets up with all of those cymbals. Awesome drummer.

11. I've played on pro stages that didn't look that good! Were there no monitors or were you on in ears?

I've played some great gigs out in the country on flatbeds. Looks like a blast.

SWRnut likes this.
  12. SWRnut

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    We run all in ears for the front and the drummer uses a wedge.

pablomago likes this.
  13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021