1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

floccinaucinihilipilification

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Jun 28, 2012.

1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

To have some fun or to waste your time depending on how you see it, I thought I would start a thread on words that are floccinaucinihilipilification. Think how fun it will be to confuse your friends with obscure and useless words.

2. slobake

The word floccinaucinihilipilification means the act or instance of judging something to be worthless or trivial. Apparently the way people feel about this thread. :ninja:

3. Acknowledged...

4. I have trouble getting my head around that idea. How can a 'word' be floccinaucinihilipilification? An act or an incident may illustrate floccinaucinihilipilification.

5. slobake

I have trouble just getting my head around all those letters. But it is a word, it's a verb.

6. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    Words that long don't scare me anymore since I learned German.

7. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    origin: 1735-45

imagine having to crank that one out with a quill pen and ink well...

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It's times like these that make me appreciate the simplicity of the f word.

9. slobake

As only Maki could say :p Haven't seen a post by you lately, glad to see one.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Thanks brother. Been busy. Ramping up for a gig and switched over to my summer gig.

11. It's an abstract noun, not a verb. Floccinaucinihilipilificate, OTOH, is a verb. Although given the etymology of 'floccinaucinihilipilification', it's probably worthless trying to analyze it.

12. slobake

I hope you didn't spend too much time on this :p