Fodera Ryan Martinie signature

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aidan Widmer, Sep 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Aidan Widmer

Aidan Widmer

Jul 20, 2021
    Colorado
    I contacted Fodera about the bass Ryan was performing live with the other day, and they replied back saying that they did make a bass for him and they are planning on bringing out a Ryan Martinie signature model.

Attached Files:

2. Aidan Widmer

Aidan Widmer

Jul 20, 2021
    Colorado
    This is an absolute win.

AllFifths, MattZilla and Winton like this.
  3. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    Holy crap what... I had no idea he was moving away from Warwick!

AllFifths and Aidan Widmer like this.
  4. MMiller28

MMiller28 Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    The Fodera Thumb ;)

5. Aidan Widmer

Aidan Widmer

Jul 20, 2021
    Colorado
    I was super surprised to see that he was moving away from Warwick

Kenova and Veldar like this.
  6. bass12

bass12 Have You Met Grace Jones?

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Breaking news: artist moves from five stringed wooden bass frequency-producing device to five stringed wooden bass frequency-producing device. :woot:

rojo412, halcyo, P. Aaron and 25 others like this.
  7. Warpeg

Warpeg

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    I was at that show. It certainly caught me off guard seeing him play something other than a Warwick!

Aidan Widmer likes this.
  8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    :D:D:D:D

Chad Michael likes this.
  9. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This is pretty funny because I get the feeling that folks are surprised he would have company associated with Fusion and studio players build a macho Metal man, like him, a bass.;)

Winton and steubig like this.
  10. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    Never heard of the guy but good luck to him.

retslock likes this.
  11. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    One of the most influential metal bass players of a generation for his work in Mudvayne, has since moved on to a lot of jazz/rock fusion stuff in his new project Soften the Glare, though Mudvayne has reunited for some shows. Definitely worth checking out even if you're not a metalhead - the bass line in Mudvayne's "Dig" enjoyed a renaissance as a bit of a meme a few years back.

droo46, xsnrg27, basslifter and 9 others like this.
  12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Reviewer: Bass Player Magazine
    It’s interesting that they’re going to make it a signature model as they currently don’t cater to that market at all, but good on them for trying to expand their customer base.

13. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

14. bass12

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    What's interesting to me is that I originally found it weird when Warwick began to become associated with metal players. I had previously associated Warwick much more with fusion guys or with players such as T.M. Stevens and Jack Bruce. Given Ryan Martinie's style (his actual playing style, as opposed to his image or to the image of Mudvayne), it makes perfect sense to me that he would be interested in Fodera. Regardless, I don't totally understand brand loyalty on the part of the people not actually doing the playing ("Why is he playing that bass - I want him to play that one!"). I'm not saying that is how the OP is coming across, but I have seen the sentiment expressed in other places. I guess this sort of attachment to image (and, perhaps, wanting to associate with aspects of a given image) is part of human nature, but I still find it a bit odd that we can care so much about what basses other people play.

15. Jazzkuma

Jazzkuma

Sep 12, 2008
    Is this a good bass for metal?

droo46, hbabels, TheMaynorD and 9 others like this.
  16. bass12

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    And he's not at all macho (which might be part of your point)! RM comes across as a genuinely nice, down-to-earth, no B.S. kind of guy.

17. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    at some point when I am not at work I need to find all of Ryan's instagram posts about the Br Br Deng meme, including the one of him standing in front of a Burger King sign going "now you guys have got ME doing it!"

As bass12 notes above, Ryan also has a reputation as just being a really sweet, funny guy.

EDIT:

Not the same post but lol
    brbrking.jpg

droo46, hbabels, MattZilla and 10 others like this.
  18. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Shirtless, tattooed, and muscular, men look macho onstage. That does not mean he is not down to earth and nice.

Loring and bass12 like this.
  19. bass12

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Yes. I kind of like how far away from each other the image and the truth seem to be in the case of a guy like Ryan Martinie.

20. Eneade

Eneade

Jun 14, 2008
    France
    I can already see the Ryan Martinie as a Standard Fodera model.

NeonVomit likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022