Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

For Major Metal

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BustinJustin, Jun 22, 2004.

1. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    for you my friend.............

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Bro. Just putting out a Tattoo idea, this is Saint Michael the Arc Angel in this Pic posted above, this is the closet pic i have seen yet to the idea of the one i want. This would be going on my upper left arm and then i would be done for at least a better part of a year with tattoos.

3. MAJOR METAL

PS Pics of the chest piece i had done on June 1st comming soon.

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    thats not a nice thing to say to probably the coolset priest in existence :scowl:

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I had a long response written out, but I can condense it into this: Screw you. I wasn't even talking to Major Metal when I posted that, so I don't see how it could be a nice or not nice thing. To keep the crybabies off my back, though, I'm deleting my earlier post.

Have a wonderful day.

6. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Eyescream - you should really know better man. Wishing me a wonderful day when it is not going well does nothing more than remind me how crappy my day is. REPENT!

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Good. I hope you have a crappy day.

*kicks trashcan*

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You constantly amuse me.

Dance monkey, dance!

Thank you.

9. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    No prob, and THANK YOU! I've been called much worse....

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    How do people react to your tattoos?

A priest from my highschool was really nice and aside from warning me of health risks didnt say much negative about mine. He actually thought it suited me well.

I notice that a lot of the older/traditional crowd is more troubled by them and looks down on me because of it. I imagine that because of your choice to become a priest you work around and encounter more traditional people who would have a problem with tattoos than I could ever imagine.

Do they give you a hard time about the ink? Im guessing most people dont even see them most of the time because of the clothes you wear durring services.

Peace
    Nick

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    'taint nothing.

Haha, I said taint.

12. MAJOR METAL

I had one women at a parish i am helping out at call me a pagon for the celtic cross on my arm. The traditional crowd has a harder time connecting the religous vocation with tattoo's but my younger friends are all for them. I think they represent spiritualy where i am at, so it does the job for me. PS When asked how i stand in on Church/Political issues i classify myself as a Compassionate Traditionalist.

13. MAJOR METAL

So what do you all think of the tattoo?

14. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I like the tattoo and I like religious art of all kinds.

Very COOL

15. MAJOR METAL

I am a big fan of icon and religous celtic art myself

16. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Im into simple solid black designs for my body but I think its a great tattoo for someone else like you.

17. MAJOR METAL

Thanks Nick, i will be sure to post some pics when i get it done. Listen to any STP lately, SLDD and Tiny Music are my favorites so their get night play in the head set.

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ive been listening to SLDD and No. 4 a lot lately. Probably more than any of the others.

I was learning Big Empty last night though

19. MAJOR METAL

I am going to get this tattoo, now i just need to sell that schecter or just save up.

20. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Hey major, so how many tattoos do you have right now/what are they of?