1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For those about to tune lower than C#0

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SucksFuneral, Apr 27, 2020.

1. SucksFuneral

SucksFuneral

Nov 23, 2019
    Kansas
    Electronics on my 6 string took a dump recently so I find myself in the market for some new pups.

I normally tune as low as C#0, sometimes I like to play 2 octaves lower than standard guitars. Not in a band, just like to jam with the stereo :3

So anyway, any recommendations for pups that are good for frequencies as low as 16.5-20HZ?

My genuine gratitude and most sincere thanks. May the 4 string Gods ever smile upon you and all you love.

Yay.

:3

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

You're not going to find pickups that specify what Hertz they operate in, so I would recommend just buying what you like the sound of in demos.

The trouble with frequencies in the 20 Hz range is that many humans can't hear it & speakers can't reproduce it:
    DeltaliteII_2512.png
    DELTALITE® II 2512 - Loudspeakers | Eminence Speaker

The graph for that Eminence starts at 20 Hz & you'll notice there's a large drop-off in dB right there.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021