1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Forge Bass Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Neener, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I was going to ask if anyone had any experience with them but apparently they don't come out until June.

They look interesting. 2100 watts should sound interesting too, but who knows. --> Clicky

2. Those look fantastic, rather ingenious to be honest. I don't envy the roadies who have to handle that 4108 cab though. They also look like they would cost a fortune with all those features.

Thanks for posting this though.

3. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
    Looks pretty awesome.

4. danman

danman

May 18, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I like the back of their amp
    "Designed and Manufactured in the USA by Nit-Picky Engineers and a Quality Crazed production team"

......nice.
    dan

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Points off already. I always assume these companies have nit-picky engineers and a quality crazed production team, and if they feel the need to trumpet it, maybe it's not something that happens naturally. Maybe they have to beat their employees with leather belts and send them to "re-education" classes to get their nit-pickiness up to such high standards.

I'm just sayin'...

;)

6. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    ^Haha, I think it is more of a joke thing. I found it funny. :p

7. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    I'm actually a little shocked and saddened now..... my friend and I (he's got a masters degree in electrical engineering, I'm pursuing one) have been making effects pedals and designing bass amps for over a year now; our "business" is called Forge Engineering. I'm pretty irritated that someone beat us at our own game and even got the name. oh well, life goes on. they win, we lose.

8. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    interesting... but i think i'd still be happier with a 1x15 100watt versatone.

9. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    They're pretty hard to find these days. Good amp though.

10. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    BTW, I was just joking about the label on the back.

11. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
    That sucks because I was going to totally buy one just because of that label!

;)

12. notenslaved

notenslaved I survived the 80's only to see it return.

Feb 13, 2008
    Connecticut, USA
    Servo driven subwoofers...sweet merciful crap...

13. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    Did anyone else email for prices?
    I haven't gotten a response yet... :(

14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

I'm guessing y'all didn't copyright the name?

15. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    that they are. played one at a music store in florida once and it blew my mind. had a heavy pricetag on it though so i had to forget about it:(

16. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Interesting...

17. Hi.

Quite cool features, but the looks leave a lot to be desired. IMHO of course.

Servo controlled amps I believe, a bit different thing, both construction- and cost-wise ;).

Regards
    Sam

18. notenslaved

notenslaved I survived the 80's only to see it return.

Feb 13, 2008
    Connecticut, USA
    Yeah a servo controlled amp - how the heck does that work I wonder?

19. Hi.

There's a feedback loop from the output circuitry, or if done correctly, a separate feedback coil in the speaker. That position/velocity data controls the waveform in the extreme ends of the cone excursion. Acts a bit like an active and adaptive compressor in the output circuit.

The problem is that when the servo circuit breaks up the result is a total silence or the **** hits the fan and then a total, infinite silence. Near impossible to analyze and repair those circuits are IMLE.

Regards
    Sam

20. i wonder what the price is gonna look like