This is more of a refinish and parts assembly than a actual build but it was a great learning process and it should sound really good when it's done. Started with a Squire p bass special body that I scored off ebay for 60 bucks. Great deal. Came with pickups, guard, bridge, strap holders, neckplate and screws. View attachment 122154 It was in pretty good shape when I got it but I had other plans. A few things I noticed though. The neck pocket was heavily coated in black paint, and even worse the bottom of the pocket was super rough, like think 20 grit sandpaper. The tone transfer must not have been much out of the factory. Anyway, on to the stripping. Holy crap batman, can you say thick?? The finish was minimum 3/16 inch thick. I used an industrial strength paint stripper bath over a weekend to get most of it off. I just had to bast it and flip it every few hours. Just like turkey!! View attachment 122155 Once I managed to get it all scraped and stripped down to bare wood, then it was time for sanding. I didn't take any pics during this process cause it's just really boring wood. I started the process with 120 grit and worked my way up to 400. Don't get me wrong, it's agathis, so not much in the way of wood grain goodness, but it is nice and tightly grained and glued together properly at least. While it was in that state I had a few things to do before I did the finish. I routed out the control cavity a little bigger, routed out the output jack hole on the edge of the bass and sharpened up the back angle on the top front of the bass. I thinned out the waist just a smidge as well. Then I sanded the snot out of it again and prepped for stain.