Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fruity Loops

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by mark beem, Feb 26, 2004.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Anyone here have it / use it??

Pros?

Cons?

Thinking about picking it up and want to know what it's capable of..

Thanks,

~Mark~

2. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    I have it and use it. I do a ton of drum programming and FL is great IMO for editing. PLus the sound fonts are really quite nice.

It is intuitive to use; my 6 year old does some serious editing...

the only con to me is the black background - my old eyes are pretty bad.

also, i wouldn't try to use it to make "realistic" sounding drum comps. It's not very good at that.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Like Don mentioned it's incredibly easy to use. Almost insultingly easy. This can give the impression that it doesn't have a real "depth" to it, which isn't the case. It's a program that you can do a lot with, which is at least the impression I had with my limited time using the program recently.

4. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i own the producer edition.

and while i've gravitated towards Acid Loops for my drum programming, i STILL think FL is an excellent value.

should obsolete drum machines in my opinion.

i threw mine away!!

BABY SNAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAKES!

f

5. FL Rocks!

FL Studio is now also a pretty good PC-based wav recording program as well as a great drum machine/synth rack/effects bundle.

You can make some quite silly noises running your bass through with the bundled effects (all real-time too if your pc can take it!)

6. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Thanks for the feedback, guys!!!

:)

7. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Anyone have material available that I can listen to that was done using the software??

Either that or point me to somewhere online for samples?

8. Hmmm...

I've got a few mp3s of FL kicking around, but it really depends on what plugins you use for the sounds- There is a fully featured demo on their website however, so you could try that out (it comes with loads of examples of what you can do with it).

http://www.flstudio.com

9. Recorded with Fruity Loops and Cakewalk

I've only had Fruity loops for a few weeks, and I like it a lot. I had to find some samples though. The acoustic drumkits provided are lacking IMO.

10. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Thats great chump stain!! "Master Plan" kinda reminds me of Monster Magnet..

Thanks!!

11. Thanks!
    Yeah, the mix on Come Together sounds So Good, it makes the others sound bad now. I think I might try to remix 'em in the future.

Did you get Fruity Loops yet?

12. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Not yet... will probably download it tonight...

:hyper:

You'll have to let me know where I can get some good patches.

13. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Hell,get it. :D -Luke