SOLD FS: 2001 G&L USA L-2500 NAMM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by wyldryce, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    It has come time to part with my lovingly cared for L-2500. I purchased it brand new from Bass NW in mid '02. This bass was created for the 2001 NAMM show, and as such, is unique in that it has no fret markers on the fingerboard. It gives it a nice clean purposeful look that nicely complements the Tobaccoburst finish on this instrument, which is also visually balanced by the matching Tobaccoburst headstock. I would rate the overall condition of this bass at a 9.5/10. There are a few *tiny* dimples in the top radius, but you really have to be looking for them.

Width at the nut: 1 3/4" (45.72mm)
    String spacing: 17mm
    Weight: 10lbs 1oz on my trusty postage scale (pretty darn accurate)

This bass has a myriad of great tones and is super flexible in its voicing. It is one of the nicest feeling, easiest playing production basses I have ever put my hands on, and if you need a five string that can be strung through-body, this is your huckleberry.

I have had this bass in the stable for a long time, and wish I could hang on to it, but I just bought a RIC that I have been GAS-ing for a for a long time, so I need to replenish the savings a bit.

That said, I have received a few interesting trade options. I will consider trades for a:

Jazz or Jazz style bass, or P/J. I will consider an SX as well...
    Ultimately, I'd love a good cheap Jazz to have as a stage backup/tour bass. Nothing fancy, and nothing expensive. So, if you have something like that and Cash, lets talk!

4406114684_5a79f822de_o.jpg
    4406114702_edd612dfb9_o.jpg
    4405349661_bf7919012c_o.jpg
    4405349685_5c8e192a63_o.jpg
    4405349699_bb06a5faef_o.jpg
    4405349721_049e93bf2f_o.jpg

I apologize for the overly yellow/orange tone of my pictures...it's my living room lighting. The tobaccoburst finish is much less orange-y in real life. I can take some natural light pictures if need be.

This was bass was lovingly built in Fullerton by craftsmen who care. Give it a good home! Asking $1075 SHIPPED within the CONUSA. Will ship internationally with the carrier of your choice, but I won't subsidize international shipping.

Comes with OHSC, which is more worn than the bass, due to my using it for my backup, but it's still plenty serviceable.

See above for trade interests.

Thanks!
    -Ross

2. The one bass I still gas for. Hmmm, I wonder if baby can make do with fewer diapers.

3. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    Just turn em inside out and reuse - cut your diaper bills in 1/2! :)

Beautiful G&L - funny thing, years ago, I sold my Ric to be able to buy my L2500....

4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Sounds like you're not letting the kid fill them anywhere near capacity before you change him. I just checked and Pampers makes a 25 - 37 lb. diaper, so if they can hold that much crap your kid could unload into them for at least two weeks before you have to change him. You should be able to save a fortune in no time!

:D

:bag:

But seriously, beautiful bass!

5. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Friday bump!

6. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Bump for price drop and more pictures... :)
    Still have to say that my Nikon wants to make this bass more red/orange than it is. Think more Fender tobacco yellow/brown transition with less orange and red than is shown.
    She's stunning in person, anything that shows on the finish is light reflections...it really is that clean.
    -R
    4417449187_c2cd8dcc3a_o.jpg
    4417449235_09b4e1b9ee_o.jpg
    4417449337_4c2a5af556_o.jpg
    4417449375_67559d8f58_o.jpg
    4418215362_73afd979cd_o.jpg
    4418215408_661ae3eb31_o.jpg
    4418215460_73df53aafc_o.jpg

7. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Hump-day-bump-ty :)

8. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    I have received a few trade offers, but am only interested in a few things, as I mostly just need to replenish my savings. I've updated the original post to reflect my interests...

Thanks!

9. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    bigity-bump!:bassist:

10. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Keep those trade offers coming! Gotta be someone with an unused mid level Jazz or something sitting around, that's itching for a killer 5. :)

11. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Last bump before tour...:cool:

Come get your 5!

12. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Are you sure about that 17mm string spacing? I always thought these were wider. More like 18mm!

13. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Yeah, I think it's 17mm, and that actually might be a bit generous... With my digital calipers its between 16.5-17mm center to center on all strings at the saddles.

I always had thought it was wider too, but it just kyboshed the trade deal I had going locally when the guy (classically trained player with fatter fingers) came by today and loved the bass but couldn't get past the string spacing. I don't find it hard to play at all, but then again, I'm more of a melodic/prog/meat n' potatoes kind of player.

If you are looking for a five and find that the neck width and string spacing on 5+ stringers makes it usually too wide, you'll love this. It made my Yamaha TRB-5 feel like an ironing board by comparison. ;)

-Ross

14. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Driving-Across-Montana-On-Tour-Bump!

15. This still here. You guys are killing me. Someone buy it already before I do something stupid.

16. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Rocking Denver on a Thursday Bump!

17. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Yeah I saw that and I would be coming out to see you except for the fact that today is my wedding anniversary and, well.......you know how that is!

Have a great gig. Maybe I can catch you next time!

Looks like you are just going to beat the snow............

Oh and BTW, beautiful bass here. Wish I could buy it. Somebody needs to!

18. therapist

therapist

Jul 13, 2009
    Hi, I am interest in it!!

May i know how much for the postal cost if ship to Hong Kong?

Thanks!

:bassist:

19. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Wow, sorry I haven't been responding quickly...the tour has been....really really really snowy. And here I thought it would be a "spring" tour. Oh well.

As far as shipping to Hong Kong, This can vary quite a bit, and I won't be able to put together an accurate quote until I get home next week. Based on a quote to someone else in Norway earlier, I can tell you, that if the rates are similar, its between, $330 to $450 through DHL/FedEx/UPS. The US postal service is less, but won't allow you to insure if for more than $650 so that seems a little risky.

P.M. me and we can talk some more.

Oh, and SATURDAY BUMP! :p

20. wyldryce

wyldryce

Feb 15, 2010
    Annapolis
    Monday evening driving through Minnesota bump. At least it's not snowing anymore. Getting sick of that. :spit:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.