1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS: Rickenbacker 4003

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by EagleMoon, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I really hate to have to put this up for sale, but I just joined a band playing bass and guitar (yeah I know :D ) So I need to offset that acquisition with this sale.

This is hands down the best Ric I've ever played, which makes this even harder to part with. This is my 6th Ric over the years and this one is the best of the lot. It has the thinnest neck next to the '74 I used to own. Very, very comfortable. I added a pic to show just how thin it is. It's also light for a Ric, at 8.4 lbs.which is the other reason I picked this one. Oh and it's a 2011 model.

RicWillFeet_zps2674967b.
    Riccloseupfront_zps6a0c8c04.
    IMG_0399_zps611f6bef.
    Ricshowingneckthickness_zps695d79ad.
    Ricfrontheadstock_zps1cafae35.
    Ricbackheadstock_zpsff6cf11a.
    Ricbackcloseup_zpseaca9850.
    RicInCase_zpsfd8bf6b0.
    RicCase_zpsb79c2088.

Comes with the Ric case, all case candy and pickup cover. Also has a new set of DR Hi-Beams on it. I will also include the truss rod nut driver tool, which you don't get when you buy a new Ric. You have to buy these separately.

Price is $1450 shipped to east coast. Add another $50 for west coast delivery.

CONUS only please.

2. You open to trades?

3. Ordinarily I might, but since I need the money for the guitar, I can't really do it this time.

4. Added new updated daylight pics. :)

5. ronaldpdbrandt

ronaldpdbrandt Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Suffolk County, NY
    That is about the prettiest MG I've ever seen. Nice price, too! GLWTS!

6. Thanks. :)

7. If only Talkbass would do financing....I'd be all over this. It's gorgeous.

8. twhitedc

twhitedc Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2011
    NJ
    ^ you and me both

9. Thanks guys, it really is gorgeous and plays great too. :)

I've gotten several PM's about guitar trades. I want to thank everyone for the offers but I do already have one I'm going use.

10. suddenseer

suddenseer

Feb 20, 2011
    PM Sent.

11. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    WHaaaaaaaat! Selling your Ric for a guitar???? :scowl: So it goes...

This is seriously the best RIC I have ever played. Perfect neck and weight. Played it at our last GTG. If I had the money I would buy this for myself.

Great seller too btw. Still upset about the whole bass for guitar thing. Better be an awesome guitar? I know Sadowsky makes some decent guitars....:ninja:

GLWTS. Someone is going to be extremely happy when they get this bass.:bassist:

12. On Hold.

13. And SOLD! Thanks Tim.

14. 1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.