Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fulltone octafuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jimbo, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    so i was reading around here on TB looking for info on different fuzz/overdrive/distortion pedals and i noticed a lot of high recommendations of the fulltone bass-drive. this got my interested in fulltone products and while looking on their site i saw the octafuzz which seems like it could be a pretty cool sounding effect--but nothing about it on TB. anyone ever play one? it says on the site its a recreation of the tycobrahe octavia pedal...of which i know ntohing about either :p

oh and here's the description on fulltone's site:
    http://www.fulltone.com/stpframe.html

-jimbo

2. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Staff Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Found this old thread and since I had the same question bump it back to life (and still can't find any info).

3. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    woah! it's been practically a year since i posted this! i forgot all about it.

oh, and i never did hear anything about it

-jimbo

4. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
  5. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
  6. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    just to throw it out there - the Rastop bass super divider also has an Octafuzz knob (among other things). The tracking on that beast was Amazing.

7. Anyone else tried this Octafuzz on bazz?

8. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    bump

9. rawrOOO

rawrOOO

Jul 12, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    ive used the ultimate octave on bass. or, i hooked it up, and promtply turned it off. one of my fav's for guitar...totally killed the low end on bass though. it's a shame.

i like their soul bender a lot for bass too, even though it also filters out the low end a lot. more than id want coming out of my bass amp for sure. the times ive used it, i was playing weird bass out of a 1x12 guitar tube combo amp. sounded real cool!

10. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    i used to use an ultimate octave for bass guitar fuzz. can work very well depending on your rig - certainly worth a demo.

JR

11. rawrOOO

rawrOOO

Jul 12, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    today i tried a prescription electronics COB into a woolly mammoth. it sounded really nutty. the cob was kind of doing what the zvex machine pedal does with that blooming thing ( iheard it in the zvex video). but instead of the eq opening up, it was what came out sounding like a pitch modulated upper octave. really crazy