funny craigslist ad in san diego

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by carlo3874, Jul 8, 2008.

1. carlo3874

carlo3874

Jan 25, 2007
    San Diego CA
  2. He says it's gibson but w/ no headstock pic I wouldn't go near it, let alone the rest of the ad :/

3. He say's "make an offer" I don't think you should be calling him a bone head :meh:

4. Tom7

Tom7 I'm so bright, my mom called me son! ;-)

Jan 31, 2000
    Eagle River, Alaska
    I'm not sure if I understand.

According to Musician's Friend, this bass has a retail price of $2,595, and Musician's Friend is selling it for $1,859. Depending on where he got it, it could have cost him $2,000, right?

moomoocajoo makes a good point in that the headstock isn't in the photo, but even with a headstock photo, there are still plenty of other ways a seller can rip off a buyer.

martyman5000 has a good point too. The seller never says a price, in fact he TWICE tells buyers to make an offer.

Maybe I'm slow, but I missed the funny part. It isn't how I'd do it, but the ad seems okay to me.:(

5. MisterV619

MisterV619

May 15, 2006
    I agree. If the guy placed the original ad to indicate a value higher than what he paid, it's still a stretch to call him a bonehead. The bonehead would be the buyer that pays the extra cost because of the straplocks. Since it does say "make an offer", this thread makes the subby Carlo look like the bonehead instead. Do the right thing Carlo and delete this waste of bandwidth. Even though you are a supporting member, at least try to create topics worth archiving.

6. carlo3874

carlo3874

Jan 25, 2007
    San Diego CA
    I've failed to mention that this ad has been in craigslist often for the last month, with several response being made from the locals that this guy was stretching it. There no way from the ad to indicate it's a Gibson because the headstock is chopped off. He keeps posting the same ad every week with no changes.

In regards to the bonehead statement, you guys need to loosen up. I think bonehead is harmless, and if you disagree, you need to get out more. You guys have sucked out all the fun from this message board.

7. I play the bass

I play the bass

Jun 3, 2008
    Well, the goth epiphone had black controls, and a different symbol on the pickguard. This has the t-bird and chrome controls. At a glance I'd give him credit for a gibson, and you'd end up paying really close to 2k with taxes..and strap locks haha. So what was the big deal?

8. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Once you have taken it home, played it, and added straplocks ....
    it ceases to be "Brand New" !!!!

9. carlo3874

carlo3874

Jan 25, 2007
    San Diego CA
    Thank you Steveaux!

10. I don't get it.

11. bass_fish

bass_fish

Oct 26, 2006
    the Netherlands
    maybe he meant: "it looks brand new"...

and why is he a bonehead? because he says he paid 2 grand for it(which isn't a very high price) and says he want an offer... yeah man he's a real bonehead... :rollno:

12. he looks like a bonehead...I still don't get it.

13. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    If I remember correctly, most animals have bones in there heads.

14. I think all animals have bones in there heads, except those that have exoskeletons: they my friends are the real boneheads!

15. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Wouldn't it be a good thing to be a "bonehead"? I mean, if you think about it, what else is there...squid?

:confused:

But I could see what the OP is talking about - the guy does allude to the bass being worth much more than what used Gibson T-birds are going for. He gets off with saying "make an offer" though.

16. Totally lagit bra

17. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    You can't have it both ways, friend.

You call someone a name (who might well be on this forum), based on absolutely no wrong he has done, and can't take a contrary opinion, (e.g. you are wrong to call someone out based on the facts you gave?). Sorry, it's not fun to have someone rag you on a public forum because you are trying to sell a bass.

Signed,

A. Funsucker

18. I still don't get it!

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021