1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fuzz Tone

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SurferJoe46, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Love to find a 2K Bee somewhere, but I'm using a DOD FLASHBACK FUZZ which works really well.

I really would like a little more warmth in it though (Think: "Don't Worry About Me"/Marty Robbins) so it wouldn't sound so modern.

What's out there that keeps some better warmth in the fuzz?

Thinking something MXR, if that's a good version.

PS . . . if anyone wants to mention the song, and brand of their fuzz/stomp they use, that would be nice for reference too. Uh, no metal, Indy, industrial, etc as I won't likely know any of them and prolly wouldn't want to listen to any of them anyway.

TIA.

2. i use the mr best octave deluxe. keeps you lowend untouched and effects the mid and highs. idk about if it's warm or a fuzz that is warm. it's a good begining fuzz with a vintage tone, 70's tone.

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I would assume you mean the MXR Bass Fuzz Deluxe

4. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

Aug 3, 2010
    Try the electroharmonix bass big muff pi deluxe. It beats the regular bass big muff because it has a blend so you can dial in exactly how much dry/dirty signal you want. Plus it's got that nice muff fuzz!