1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gallien Krueger MB 150

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by karlgustav, Apr 21, 2006.

1. karlgustav

karlgustav

Aug 30, 2005
    Europe,Estonia
  2. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    hello karl-gustav,

seems you already bought it: "Winning bidder:karlgustav2058"

my opinion: i wouldn´t have done it, seller from china with no feedback, first item.
    did you pay him yet?

good luck!

3. karlgustav

karlgustav

Aug 30, 2005
    Europe,Estonia
    no.

Havent payd for it yet,dont thinik I am gonna in the future eighter.
    just qurios about your opinions.

4. OK, since you asked, here are my opinions:

1. A buyer is running a HUGE risk bidding on anything offered by an eBay seller who lives in China and has no feedback record. Especially one who lists an item as "New" that the description says is previously owned (by the seller himself). The likelihood of problems with shipping and the difficulty of resolving disputes both increase with distance. A buyer can minimize the risk by purchasing through an online escrow service (if there is one that covers both China and Estonia).

2. The time to act on concerns about the deal, or to ask questions concerning the item or the seller, is before you bid, not after you've won the auction. Not paying for an item you've won is a violation of your agreement with eBay, and possibly of the law as well (although there's little likelihood of the latter being enforced). It's also bad manners to walk away from a commitment, and it costs the seller money time and money.

3. If you want out of the deal (and I can see why you might), the honorable way to do it is to explain your concerns to the seller, ask if you can withdraw your bid, and offer to pay the difference between your bid and the next-highest one or pay the cost of relisting the item.

5. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Offer to pay via PayPal- that would protect you. If the seller won't accept it, it may be fraudulent.

6. Karlgustav -- don't do it, unless you're willing to throw away the US $157 on an amp that doesn't work.

7. snowdan

snowdan

Feb 27, 2006
    if you want such an amp at low cost, consider buying the cab only and take some small power amp and a preamp. i saw a small 40 watts poweramp for 50 euros and a behringer preamp (ADI 21)for 40, the cab for 300 at thomann.de . that would give you a portable rig for smaller gigs, even lighter than the GK combo. you could later add a bigger amp and another cab.

i was considering doing that thing until i came across a used GK with flightcae for 500 euros, which i could not resist.

8. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
  9. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I'd take this information to eBay and tell them that you now feel the aution is fraudulant and you don't want to go through with it. Ask them to investigate before you make payment. Likely they will just give you permission to back out and then suspend the other auction.

10. Aleph5

Aleph5

Feb 24, 2004
    Tennessee
    What TroyK said. THAT is your out. Wonder how many different names the seller's used.