Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gas prices going down?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    In my town gas has dropped 10 - 15 cents in the last 2 or 3 weeks... how is it around the rest of the country?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I saw a couple stations that were 10 cents cheaper($2.31) but I'm still seeing a number of $2.41-$2.49/gallon

Eitherway, as much as it is a drag and a hole in your wallet, I'm an advocate of higher gas prices, the higher prices are, the more people will look towards buying more fuel efficient cars and the more people will realize the value of oil as a finite resource.

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    wow, its that expensive out there? right down the street from me its $1.87/gallon

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

It's dropped here too. I live in San Diego where prices are notoriously worse than most of the country. We'll see if it continues...

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    California is usually 20-40 cents higher than the rest of the country, particularly SoCal.

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    The peak around here was $2.30. Now it's down to about $1.80.

7. Gas prices in the Atlanta area have dropped anywhere from 15 to 25 cents a gallon in the last week or so, depending on where you go. At the filling station nearest to my house, prices peaked at $1.98 a gallon for regular, and now it's $1.75.

8. down about 0.30 here.

Interestingly, I've seen a couple Priuses out and about. Very cool.

9. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Prices dropped on average maybe 10 cents.

Riding a bike is still honest, though.

10. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I paid 2.31 this afternoon, I guess it's down a few cents? Not enough dats for sure....

11. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Down to 1.85 where I got it today just outside of detroit. It was down below 2 for a couple weeks, and just now dropped about another 10 cents.

12. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    In my town its anywhere from $2.17 to $2.40.

13. In our location, Northern Iowa, We're seeing prices drop to between $1.72 - $1.82, depending on location and octane. We were seeing prices several weeks ago at around $1.97 - $1.99. One station I stopped at was selling for $2.05.

14. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Peaked two weeks ago at $2.19, it was down to $1.84 today. However, when I got home from my day trip to Chicago, I saw that it was $1.95 or so again. Here's hoping they go down again.

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Definitely cheaper. Filled up for $1.64 per gallon yesterday.

brad cook

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Just spent $23 for ~10 gallons

17. It's $1.89 here. Illinois, on the River. What happens, is prices go up for holidays, summer, etc. But when they drop, they stay higher than before. Good thing I get 32 mpg.

18. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    I've got $1.69 all around here.

The Priuses are very cool little cars. My friends family has one, and he gets to drive it all the time. It averages about ~100MPG on the highway, and around 60 MPG in the city... There's 10 fuel bars on the gas guage, and we put $5 into it, and it raised up 3 bars. These cars go forever. They are so quiet and nice. One thing is that they are sort of slow, but it really makes up for it in fuel effiency. I don't really like the "futurustic" looks-I much prefer the Civic Hybrid. Looks like a normal car. I really dig that.

19. Filled my truck up this morning....still $2.85/gallon. It's taking close to $40 to fill my truck up from between 1/2 and 1/4 tank.

20. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA