1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

G'day from Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by tribal, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Hey fellow TB'ers, just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

My name is Ben, and I've been pretending to play bass, on and off, for the past 25 years.

Played the pub/bar/nightclub scene for most of my twenties - covering the grunge and hard rock sound, and getting creative with originals. Had a lapse chasing a career in my thirties, and now that I've hit my forties, the vibe is well and truly back on! The guys that I'd played with over all these years are feeling the same, so we're back jamming and recording - happy days!

Landed here looking to brush up on technique, get a fatter groove, and have a laugh with like minded guys and gals who understand just how cool it is to play bass :bassist:

I've also got a serious case of GAS. In the last month I've picked up a 2006 Warwick $$5 and an GK MB Fusion :D

20120524_222814.

20120803_092900.

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Welcome to Talkbass, tribal! Be prepared for your GAS to increase!

3. It is always nice to see other Aussies on here. There are some very knowledgable people on these pages, literally something for everyone.
    Nice bass, by the way.

4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Welcome to TB Ben.
    Great resource for all things Bass.
    Beware, this site creates Serious G.A.S.
    like the GK MB you have. I heard one this year and
    been GASing since.