1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GEAR STOLEN - EB Sterling, Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Mental Octopus, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    My parents returned home from a short vacation very early this morning and came home to quite a shock. Most of the house was ransacked and a ton of things have been stolen. Some notable things that are missing: my mother's jewelry and vase collection, a Dell desktop computer, 2 TVs, several kitchen appliances, several vintage books, and several rare paintings. Who ever did this also made their way up to my room, and swiped my Sony stereo and Bose speakers and my TV.

They also stole a couple of my basses, which is why I am here -

I live right next to Providence, RI. Any New England TBers, please keep your eyes out for these 2 basses.

2003 MIM Fender Jazz bass - this one is black, black pickguard, rosewood fretboard. The nut was replaced with a brass one. There is a piece of yellow tape wrapped around the lower horn of the body. Other than that, it looks like a pretty ordinary Jazz bass. This was a recent acquisition, I did not record the serial number and I can't find any pictures of it unfortunately.

1996 EBMM Sterling - has the "natural velvet" finish (basically just feels like satin), white pickguard with a rosewood board. Has a lot of miles on it, the body has several dings and chips. The headstock has some cigarette burns. It's a fairly rare bass. Serial number is 48734. This was sold to a TalkBass member and I was about to ship it tomorrow :mad:

100_0902.

100_0903.

100_0904.

100_0905.

I am not holding out too much hope for the Fender Jazz, but the Sterling is fairly distinctive so I am praying that it will be located.

Moral of this story - go take detailed pictures of instruments and record the serial numbers if you haven't already. Go do it right now.

Please email me via TalkBass if you have any leads. Thank you.

2. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    I forgot to mention that the theft could have occurred anytime between Monday to late Wednesday night. I guess this stuff could be anywhere now.

3. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    That sucks. I'm right in central CT and will keep my out for it. It's the twin of mine, same finish, so I'll spot it a mile away if it's around. Sorry for the losses. - Eric