Geddy has disappeared!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Wasnt it orginally supposed to be a limited edition run?
  2. Well yeah, but surely they would have removed all listings, not just the picture?
  3. Well, sometimes i do think they are a bit "slow" :smug:
    Maybe just havent got around to it yet. :D
  4. Hope not, I still don't have one! And the second hand prices will go up if production is stopping now.
  5. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Holy crap this is scary. I'm just about to buy a Geddy. Now I need to hurry up and get one if they're gonna stop making them.
  6. The Marcus Miller and Sting basses are gone too...what's going on here?
  7. I dont think 2nd hand prices would go up that much if at all. The Harris sig is also very desired, and a hell of alot more rare..yet a mint one on ebay pretty much goes for about the same price as one did in the store before being discontinued.
  8. That's good, but still it's gonna scare me into getting one sooner rather than later.
  9. Aye, i hear ya. When i went to order a Harris sig about 3 months after they were out. My local store told me they were discontinued. I couldnt believe it.
    But fourmites SMASH and Harderman helped me find one on Ebay.
    So there is always hope you can find one. Im sure they are kept in stock regularly in many places too due to their popularity.

Now, im glad the Jaco sig didnt dissapear cause i have one of those on order. :D
  10. Hey don't worry guys...If the Geddy goes the way of the Harris sig, we'll just build'em ourselves!! :D
  11. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    i don't understand fender. the geddy is probably one of the most popular and, IMO, best J basses they've made in years and it could (the jury is still out) be taken off the market.

Yo no entiendo! :eyebrow:
  12. Starbucker

Starbucker Guest

Jun 29, 2005
    Billings, MT
    That'd be too bad if they took them off the market. Good thing I just bought one.

By the way, it's definitely the best purchase I've ever made.
  13. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    It's the same situation with Ibanez. Every time they have a good model they yank it.
  14. t-ray

t-ray Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Alabama USA
    I've read that Fender (along with Ibanez) will be ceasing production in Japan over some corporate BS. I've noticed the Fender site has removed photos of the G.Lee, M.Miller and Sting basses...all were made in Japan. Coincidence?
  15. punkmetal

punkmetal Guest

Jul 19, 2005
    WI (milwaukee area)
    if the did stop the japan production and started making them in the US wouldn't the prices go up
  16. They'd probably go down.

But I don't care for the Geddy Lee jazz:-/ Whattabout the Stu Hamm bass?
  17. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I heard Geddy just signed an endorsement deal with Wish! :p
  18. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    why dont they discontinue the MIM line or at last their electronics...
  19. Can you imagine him playing one of those things on stage? :D