1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Geddy Lee string report.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Soniq7, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Soniq7

Soniq7

Feb 8, 2009
    Hi fellas,

A micro report on my GL Jazz restring.

After changing to NJ4 pups, I found the bass a tad bright. I figure this is a good time to try flats.

I went with the D'Addario chrome flats 45/65/80/100. Previous strings were Fender nickle roundwound 45/65/85/105.

NO neck adjustment was needed, and the flats sound great. More thump, less fret buzz. Lovin the flats.

Mike

2. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    could you post some clips?

3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I dig the chromes. I had them on my fretless P. Oddly I bought two used basses which both came with what I'm sure were chromes (anyone else use blue tape?) so I have a few spare sets laying around now.

4. birdie num nums

birdie num nums

Dec 20, 2006
    Yes, some clips would be very nice...

5. Soniq7

Soniq7

Feb 8, 2009
    Sorry guys,

I dont have any good recording capabilities. I tried the netbook but it cant handle the bass.

Go with th D'A flats. Los O fun..

6. Here a sample of a rehearsal recording we made these days. I´m using a Geddy Lee with Chromes 045/100 and SD SJB-5 pups. Its quite "over processed" as i recorded it direct form the amp, with a POD, and the technician added later the Ampeg plug in on PC.
    Anyway it gaves a good sample of chromes of my Geddy in a real live band situation.
    Btw, the song is a copyright tune from great Brazilian 80s band "Finis Africae". We are a band that play just for fun. No comercial use of it.