1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Getting a bass amp. Need help with choosing.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheAnon, Dec 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Laney

100.0%
  2. Peavey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheAnon

TheAnon

Dec 26, 2020
    I am getting a bass amp. Need help with choosing.

Hi everyone,

I finally saved up a decent amount of cash and i am thinking of buying a bass amp.

I am currently in a cover band so i would be playing almost anything.

The use case for the amp would be band practice and gigging. I have narrowed it down to two options that i can afford and that i can try out.

I am looking for overall feedback regarding these two amps, so feel free to drop any experience that you've had with these models or any Laney or Peavey amps.

The options are as follows:

- A **used** Laney RB6 Richter

KupujemProdajem | Laney rb6 ritcher

- A **new** Peavey Max 112

KupujemProdajem | Peavey Max 112

The links are from a local Craigslist.

Thanks in advance.

2. Redbrangus

Redbrangus Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Under The X In Texas
    Is the Peavey from a local authorized seller and is there warranty service available within your country? (Serbia, right?) That would be the only reason I would have for choosing the Peavey over the Laney. Otherwise, the Laney is good, old-school gear; it has a 15" driver, as opposed to the Peavey 12, and has a much better EQ section.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021