1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting a New Band off the Ground?

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by theroan, Mar 20, 2009.

1. I am in a band called Escape The Basement. We got togeather by chance. Josh(who plays the drums) and I had been jammin togeather for a while for fun or what not. we had tried to ge a band togeather but guitarists with no rythm and singers with no lyrics held us back. So we decided to just jam togeather and the right people would come to us. Well after an intense summer of jamming Josh's cousins Matt told us that his band Headline had just fallen apart. It seemed that he and the guitarist Dan were look for people to play with. So we got togeather and jammed a bit and we just clicked. We had ourselves a new sound so we renamed the band. We have playd a number of unpaid shows in the area and are putting togeather a demo. we play mostly originals with a few covers. been togeather for about a year and a half. we are finally happy with our rigs but need to take a step farther. i am not sure in which direction. if anyone has any advice i would appreciate it. check out our band here <a href="http://www.myspace.com/escapethebasement">ETB</a> tell me what you think

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I'm trying to get a band going, and so far I can't even say phase 1 is underway.
    Guitarist from my last band called me, and wants do do something. He's got a keyboard player. We scheduled a get-together for Sunday, he cancelled on Saturday. His reason: he thought I wouldn't have the PA and drums ready. Did he call or message me to find out whether everything was ready? Strangely, no.
    We re-scheduled for the following Sunday, he cancelled 2 hours before he was to show up. His daughter had crashed on her bike and had to go to the emergency room. Alright, hard to argue with that one. I'll give him another chance. But most likely that will be the last one.

Haven't heard from him about this coming Sunday...