Getting booted while posting

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by hrodbert696, Aug 15, 2013.

1. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

This has happened a few times, mainly while using Internet Explorer: I'll start posting a reply to a thread. If the reply takes any amount of time to write (if it's not just a short one-to-two sentence post), when I hit "submit reply," I get an error message that I don't have permission to post on that forum. Apparently the system has somehow logged me out while I was in the middle of typing my post. So I log back in, but then the post I was typing is lost. Can this be fixed?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    do you have the 'stay logged in ' checkbox checked with you login to tb? Otherwise your session will expire in 15-20 minutes

3. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Yes, I believe so. I could browse forums and make short posts all I wanted for longer than 15-20 minutes, but when I wrote long replies and hit "post," I would get booted. This was only in Explorer. I've started using Chrome since I got back from vacation and it's not happening with this browser, so I'm thinking it might be an Explorer bug.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021