Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Getting Stereo from my Bass into Cubase via Di

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by damo2576, Aug 24, 2004.

1. damo2576

damo2576

Aug 9, 2004
    Hi,

Been thinking about how to do this, I'm playing my bass through a DI into the Left input of my soundcard.

Obviously I get sound out of only the left speaker. Now, to get stereo or at least sound out of both what would be the best option? Other than of course duplicating the track in cubase.

I could split the signal from the DI so i can get an input into the left and right of my soundcard? Or is there something nifty I can do in cubase?

Would appreciate some help!

Thanks.

Damo

2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Use a stereo DI. There's a few out there that will take a single signal and send out two DI signals.

The other option is to splurge a little (around $50) or so and buy a cheap mixer.

3. I would copy the mono track that you record to an adjacent blank track, then apply some form of room-modeler to the second track. This is how I do it using Sonar 2.2 and Sonic Foundry's Acoustic Mirror. Our guitar player was impressed, and he can be even pickier than me....

4. LordHar

LordHar

Mar 31, 2003
    I use my patchbay for this.

Harry.