1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GFS Jazz Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by cabo420, Jan 10, 2012.

1. cabo420

cabo420

Jan 9, 2012
    Will I see an improvement if I install a set of GFS Jazz pickups in my MIM Fender Standard Jass.

2. giacomini

giacomini

Dec 14, 2008
    Florianopolis - Brazil
    Endorsing: Copetti Guitars
    Sincerely? Not likely.

Might get a different sound, but in terms of quality, no, not an improvement.

3. cabo420

cabo420

Jan 9, 2012
    Ok thanks.

4. Well, its very much impossible to make a blanket statement about whether a pickup sounds better than another pickup. Tone isn't like volume, it's quality can't be measured, it's all subjecive. What type of sound are you looking for?

5. JMimbs

JMimbs

Jan 5, 2012
    Central Florida
    Although I can't speak for their bass pickups, I have some of their vintage-style single coils in my Strat and I love the tone. No they aren't Seymour Duncans or something more boutique-y, but IMO they can be a good upgrade IF they are the sound you're looking for.

6. cabo420

cabo420

Jan 9, 2012
    Well this bass is going to be used mostly for praise and worship music.

7. grisezd

grisezd

Oct 14, 2009
    Ohio
    I'm not a praiser or a worshiper, but I'd imagine there are many bass tones in use in the genre. What do you wish your pickups were "more" of? I wish my pickups were more ________.

I put GFS Jazz pickups in a Jazz I built up. They sound, fine i guess, but not magic.

8. JMimbs

JMimbs

Jan 5, 2012
    Central Florida
    The pickups would probably improve the sound of the bass somewhat. It probably won't be stunningly huge, but it might be noticeable. At around $60 for the set, its not that huge an investment.