Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ggghh, I Hate this

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bardolph, May 29, 2004.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You've got your bass all tuned up and it's on your lap or sitting somewhere. Somebody decides to be cute and play with one of the tuning keys, even though you are watching. You get pissed at him and tell him not to do it and he says "Oh don't worry, I put it right back where it was." I'm not sure why that bothers me so much cause it's not hard to tune one string, but it's just the idea that irritates me.

2. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I've heard that back when the Beatles were playing under the cloud of screams George and Ringo would do this to Paul before every show, it took him three sets of tuners before he caught them.

3. Grab the dude's finger and bend it back until he cries out "Stop!" Then say "Relax, I'll put it back where it was."

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    winner

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Or

Before they grap the tuner key, pop their hand with the back (or front) of the headstock. My friend stopped after one attempt with this method :D .

"Teach'em who's boss and it won't leave a mark" - Family Guy